Ubiquiti Beta US-16-XG $299

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

shhyguuy

Jul 10, 2015
Wish I had a use for one! I love all my AP-Pro access points, but have no other 10g equipment yet

tubeamps

Dec 1, 2014
Can anyone comment on functional GBIC+ support for the released or beta model? Any luck in particular with Mellanox ConnectX-3 EN cards and passive 10g cables? Any other successes or failures? With a random mix of the cards and cables here something should work.

Also interested in testing 10gb ethernet from the Thunderbolt3 port of a Dell XPS13 9350.

Dev_Mgr

Sep 20, 2014
Texas
Just ordered one myself. Don't have any other 10g equipment yet either, but there are several affordable 10Gbit options on Ebay.

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
i think so too, but maybe say offer me the "regular" price of $299 ;)
Check your order. Surprisingly they completed mine and provided a tracking number today. Makes me wish I had picked up a spare. Now to figure out what I am going to do with it since I have gone from not enough switch ports to an over abundance in the last couple of weeks with this being my third switch being bought in as many weeks

PigLover

Jan 26, 2011
Are those rack ears in the 2nd picture? IIRC the website said no rack ears...small bonus.

pyro_

Oct 4, 2013
It will be interesting to see if these are as picky about dacs as the edgeswitch version

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
@PigLover yes they're rack ears :)

I'll report back later tonight with some basic compatibility testing. I have some of the DACs that previously didn't work so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.

Reactions: pyro_

DaddyGrant

Jul 14, 2016

I'll report back later tonight with some basic compatibility testing. I have some of the DACs that previously didn't work so it'll be interesting to see how it goes.
Can't wait to hear the results. Sleep is overrated... stay up and let us know. :)

AERuffy

Dec 12, 2013
hoping its still available up to the 6th (credit card was stolen, had to request a new one)

Aestr

Oct 22, 2014
Seattle
So far my testing mirrors the compatibility (or lack of) seen in the edgeswitch. Not very surprising so I'm not too disappointed.

To save anyone who gets one some time you need at least version 5.4 of the controller. The latest should be posted on https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Beta-Blog/UniFi-5-4-3-Unstable-has-been-released/ba-p/1749956

The configuration sure is limited compared to the edgeswitch, but I suppose that's what the point of the unifi line is. Regardless I'm happy at this price.

Kybber

May 27, 2016
Check your order. Surprisingly they completed mine and provided a tracking number today. Makes me wish I had picked up a spare. Now to figure out what I am going to do with it since I have gone from not enough switch ports to an over abundance in the last couple of weeks with this being my third switch being bought in as many weeks
Yeah, I am so confused right now. I was cheeky enough to order two for $0 after I originally ordered one for $299. It took a couple of days extra for the $0-order to be completed, but now it has been shipped! Surely this can't be happening?

The configuration sure is limited compared to the edgeswitch, but I suppose that's what the point of the unifi line is. Regardless I'm happy at this price.
I would hope there's full CLI access with the same functionality as the EdgeSwitch. Did you try it out?

m0bilitee

Dec 1, 2015
So far my testing mirrors the compatibility (or lack of) seen in the edgeswitch. Not very surprising so I'm not too disappointed.

To save anyone who gets one some time you need at least version 5.4 of the controller. The latest should be posted on https://community.ubnt.com/t5/UniFi-Beta-Blog/UniFi-5-4-3-Unstable-has-been-released/ba-p/1749956

How's the noise level?

m0bilitee

Dec 1, 2015

It does say in the spec sheet pdf: Rack Mountable with Mount Brackets (Included)

So it's not a fluke. :)