WTB 2/4 TB 2.5" Hard drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Paul Roland

Jul 10, 2015
Hi guys, sorry for what happened to you.
Just willing to put my experience here... as a seller.
I've sold for many ears small items up to 500 eur without an issue. However, we dumped a few raid controller on the company so they asked me to sell them with my trusty ebay account (750 100% positive feedback etc) so I did it.
I've listed all RAID controllers for 150 EUR each, QTY 10 available. Somebody buyed them ALL at once, putting 1500 EUR in by balance minus the fees and all.
And this is the part that relates to this. Paypal automatically flagged my account and withheld the founds in pending, unable to withdraw/use/etc. The hold took two weeks, and this was just to make sure the buyer gets the item and everything is OK. They eventually released it faster because the buyer received it in a few days and left a positive feedback.
I imagine this guy must of have the same problem, he saw 10K whatever in his balance but I am absolutely confident PayPal blocked such a cash flow for two weeks or maybe 10 days. That is why the helping brother account appeared with the "legit" advise to wait a few more days.
Don't waste to much time with PayPal. Do a chargeback immediately it's very fast and it will go straight to his PayPal account. If you do it the PayPal way he will do more scamming into putting fake tracking or fake nature of the transaction. If you do chargeback he won't be able to do anything of that and his account will get a negative balance and eventually PayPal will contact the police.
More info @ Funds Availability | PayPal UK but it's probably too late now. If any if you initiated a case before those 2 weeks he might not even be able to withdraw anything (could be 1 week because it says it can go down to 1 week if it's in the same country)

Reactions: Bradford

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Not all of us paid via PayPal. Credit card here. I believe I'm also the largest transaction?

Paul Roland

Jul 10, 2015
Chargeback should be easy and the only solution then. I am not sure though what happens when you charge back an account that has been emptied.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
That will be their processor's problem. Only annoyance is that disputes take a while.

In better news, I just bought 40 of said 4TB drives on eBay for effectively the same price per drive.

Reactions: Bradford

Kaishi

Mar 7, 2011
That will be their processor's problem. Only annoyance is that disputes take a while.

In better news, I just bought 40 of said 4TB drives on eBay for effectively the same price per drive.
I'm still looking for some. Debating waiting for Seagate's new 5TB model they've announced. No official price yet.

BlueFox

Oct 26, 2015
I got more than I need, so I plan on selling the rest. I'll PM you when I have possession of them, which I presume to be early next week, if you're interested.

GoNode5

Banned
Oct 11, 2016
Three CHEERS to Churchill, would have been tough staying calm thru that conversation..
Lets see if we hear from mr gonad5 and mr colo in the near future. and a lesson on buying from someone who just pops up in front us, with something to sell a few seconds after registering, instead of adding to the forum..My two cents worth anyway..
For sure I'm still a member here I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. I find this forum a great place to gain knowledge on a lot of things hence this situation. As I mentioned before in this whole ordeal I received my money back and I can confirm that with @Patrick if necessary I have the bank statement. Hopefully everyone that was affected by this situation gets there money back from the scum. As for me ill continue to contribute to the forum with my post as well as getting help on my future projects.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
@Churchill,
How did you get your resolution from Paypal so quickly? Mine is still under review

I called them.

I got on the horn with someone and did not get off until I got a warm body that would address my problem.

Dealing with chat, email, IM, any other communication besides speaking to a live person will cause your case to sit around till a live person works with them.

Make sure you have your Invoice of some sort which shows your drives that you purchased as 10-1 you'll have to deal with the same BS that I had to with stating you bought a "Server service". If you don't have that you'll have more hoops to jump through.

Reactions: Flintstone

jarland

Oct 27, 2016
I just signed up today after being made aware of this thread. I run another forum where PrivateColo has been banned as part of a string of scams. I just wanted to drop by and offer some information about that. The scammer is hard to track down but the trail started with IgniteServers. Colocating equipment and stealing it, running off and disappearing with the equipment and the money. PrivateColo was their latest trick.

Shortly after executing a scam he comes around claiming to be a client of his scam that wasn't scammed. I can't figure out the reason for that, beyond simply insanity, but it keeps happening.

I'd be happy to share with anyone in private the clues you can use to find him next time. He will pop up again after he's finished milking this one. He speaks very maturely and you will have to be willing to feel a bit mean to proactively keep him away. You'll never have absolute proof that it's him until it's too late. Sad reality.

Reactions: sno.cn and Bradford

GoNode5

Banned
Oct 11, 2016
I was banned from lowendtalk as a precaution, after submitting evidence of my identity I was un banned.

After his scams on lowendtalk, I vowed to hunt him endlessly.
I'm guessing this was the reason my account was banned lowendtalk BillyE? having to submit an image of my id as well as a photo of myself with today's date and lowendtalk not including all the drama you attempted to start on my offers thread its just pitiful ill accept an apology when your mini investigation is done anyhow glad its all cleared up.

jarland

Oct 27, 2016
Confirmed GoNode5 is PrivateColo, aka Joshua Prout. Avoid. Thanks Bradford and Churchhill :)

Last edited: