WTB 2/4 TB 2.5" Hard drives

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

pc-tecky

May 1, 2013
( :eek: was still looking for a reply on page 1.. o_O ah, duh... :rolleyes: click the next page :p)
@PrivateColo, wow, so I don't have to shuck external cases any more? And I can use them for ZFS or for whatever?

(raps fingers on table...) I just might want a few..

PrivateColo

Sep 27, 2016
( :eek: was still looking for a reply on page 1.. o_O ah, duh... :rolleyes: click the next page :p)
@PrivateColo, wow, so I don't have to shuck external cases any more? And I can use them for ZFS or for whatever?
I find myself doing that on this forum also forgetting to click page over but yep you can use them for whatever. I have only a few left so if you need some just let me know.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
I bought 5 of the drives. Waiting for my shipping/tracking number. Has anyone else bought any and did not get a number only an email stating when the drives will be delivered?

I am not sure what the super secret mystery is and to why I can't get a blasted number.

PrivateColo

Sep 27, 2016
I bought 5 of the drives. Waiting for my shipping/tracking number. Has anyone else bought any and did not get a number only an email stating when the drives will be delivered?

I am not sure what the super secret mystery is and to why I can't get a blasted number.
I've sold multiple drives this week most of them were already shipped out but my usual handling time is 24-48 hours if ordered early in the day it would be shipped the same day. I've updated most people who bought drives already and the drives should be delivered by Friday morning if not Friday evening.

If you ordered drives and you live in Texas or Arizona the drives were shipped via local LLC shipping because of cost I've been using them 3 years now and they are just as good as big carriers. If any reason you do not receive the drives by Friday just let me know.

Kaishi

Mar 7, 2011
I'm in a similar boat. I have 24x 2.5" bays that I'd like to fill, looking for a good deal. If PrivateColo still has some, I'd be interested. Otherwise I'm looking for similar sources. I called Seagate to ask for a recommendation but they weren't able to help.

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
You waiting to hear back from me or @PrivateColo ? I'm not selling drives, I bought 5 of them and want to make sure they exist and were shipped.

I still can't get a damn tracking number from the guy.
Waiting to hear back from you if/when they arrive before I throw $$ to some random guy on the Internet I've never met ;).

Reactions: Bradford

PrivateColo

Sep 27, 2016
You waiting to hear back from me or @PrivateColo ? I'm not selling drives, I bought 5 of them and want to make sure they exist and were shipped.

I still can't get a damn tracking number from the guy.
Will have an update the next business day thank you for letting me know they didnt get there yet.

Churchill

Admiral
Jan 6, 2016
Will have an update the next business day thank you for letting me know they didnt get there yet.
So we talking Monday End of Business here? How hard is it to get a simple tracking number from a delivery company unless the merchandise was never shipped or there to begin with. Even USPS has delivery confirmation.

If you can't provide us any assurance that our products were delivered by one company or another then we got a bigger problem...

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Bought 25 myself on the 8th. No package or tracking number so far either.

Kaishi

Mar 7, 2011
I wanted to buy 25 myself, but I need to know that someone has received some from the seller first.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
They quoted me 60 remaining prior to my purchase and afterwards posted that 35 were left, so math is fine.

SycoPath

Oct 8, 2014
I got burned once by buying through forums (was not this forum). I'm much more careful these days. I did end up getting my money back though. Took a lot of digging, but I managed to track the guy down to a physical address. Mailed him a satellite photo of his house (TerraServer is a great product btw) that had absolutely perfect timing. The photo shot just as he was getting into his car for work in the morning. Included in the emvelope with the picture was a polite note informing him I expected a wire transfer refunding my money plus $50 for my wasted time within 48 hours. I wish I could have been there to see his face when he opened that package. Had my money back 3 hours after delivery confirmation showed delivery. :D:D:D:D

Reactions: Bradford