Potential Deal: 2 x Dual 2011 nodes @$199, Quanta Openrack

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

voxadam

Apr 21, 2016
Portland, Oregon
Is this true? Who deleted it? Why? Without any attribution? Maybe another site might do that but NOT STH. I hope.
I have a difficult time imagining that there's some sort of sort of conspiracy going on here. I expect that there was a valid reason for STH to have deleted the posts in question.

resham

Jun 28, 2016
STH has policy of forcing visitors to sign up to view pictures. Those posts contained the images from imgur, and links to amazon, (with sth's referral token), may be it was the case unless deleted by the author themselves.

McSquizzy

Jun 26, 2016
Hi again,

Bought all my pieces for a single node. I got the Quanta version, and with a Radeon 5450 GPU I can boot up into BIOS setup successfully.

When I created a Win7 Pro 64-bit boot partition on a harddrive (made partition primary and active), and select it to boot from, the screen just goes blank and nothing happens.

I saw "BIOS Update" being thrown around, might that be an issue preventing Windows from booting? I can't seem to find any useful documentation on the BIOS update process. How do I update the BIOS? Can I do it through USB or is it more involved?

Thanks in advance! :)

smithse79

Sep 17, 2014
If anyone is interested, I ordered some of the drive power connectors through Aliexpress. Unfortunately, they are are a bit short to run from the left node to the drive bays but otherwise they work fine. I have few extra if anyone needs one. Shoot me a PM.

yago

May 18, 2016
I'm trying to remove one mainboard from the chassis, but I don't understand how this should work.
Can anyone give me a hint?

Gene

Jan 27, 2016
Undo the latch near power and reset nub switches on board and slide it out towards you. It should just slide out on the side without fans where the pci-e/ethernet ports are

Stanislav

Aug 31, 2016
Kiev, Ukraine
Can you backup the bios and post the bin / Rom file?
This is a full binary dump from BIOS chip, dumped on CH341A USB programmer and packet in .tgz archive format. After unpack rename .dmp file to .rom or .bin and open it in AMIBCP as ordinary BIOS rom file.
Or maybe i didn't understand question?

Last edited:

grfxlab

Apr 6, 2016
This is a full binary dump from BIOS chip, dumped on CH341A USB programmer and packet in .tgz archive format. After unpack dump can be opened in AMIBCP as ordinary BIOS rom file.
Or maybe i didn't understand question?
Sorry, I never dealt with a bios dump before. Sounds like what I was asking for. I am running ForC_A07. I wonder what the differences are. Thanks for posting.

Stanislav

Aug 31, 2016
Kiev, Ukraine
Sorry, I never dealt with a bios dump before. Sounds like what I was asking for. I am running ForC_A07. I wonder what the differences are. Thanks for posting.
But be careful. Check onboard Gbe MAC address after programming new BIOS. And a new BIOS has many new features, unknown for me.

Gene

Jan 27, 2016
I tested it with a nvida gtx 950 and it worked but the pcie slot is version 2.0 so limited bandwidth compared to pcie 3.0 when you get into high performance cards

Reactions: voxadam

some1else

Oct 8, 2016
Hello, what will be the BIOS to crossflash to get successful installation of Windows 10, getting the ACPI error and installation crashes.
Bought 1 server 2 weeks ago from Esiso with version F03_3A13

yago

May 18, 2016
Hello,

I have noticed that the RAM is getting extreme hot (65-70 °C) if the fans are running at 2556rpm.
Is there a way to ramp up the fan speed manually through IPMI?