DIY commercial router kit

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Levi

Mar 2, 2015
Router, not a switch guys, unless you guys are lucky enough to have that kind of speed.

ttabbal

Mar 10, 2016
Interesting idea for a small form factor router. I like the options on it. They don't mention the LAN chipset. I'm curious to see test results under load both routing and things like VPN.

Levi

Mar 2, 2015
If you go to the website they have a pro version with 6 switched rj45 ports among other things.

Levi

Mar 2, 2015
I'm not sure, they said it was based off raspberry pi, so i would expect some options. They said openwrt in the article.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
I guess there are different definitions of "telecom-grade" depending on if you live in Astana, Kazakhstan compared to New York or London.

How are the Gig E ports configured? Many of the cheap ARM boards have them going through USB.

Reactions: Jon Massey

Levi

Mar 2, 2015
I guess there are different definitions of "telecom-grade" depending on if you live in Astana, Kazakhstan compared to New York or London.

How are the Gig E ports configured? Many of the cheap ARM boards have them going through USB.

I'll not sure where telecom grade came from? By commercial I was referring to how it was designed and manufactured.

As far as info for the device I have no clue. Posted the link so interested people could do research for them selves.

MiniKnight

Mar 30, 2012
NYC
@Levi it is mentioned multiple times in the venture beat article.

Then again, you can't expect much from journalists.

Levi

Mar 2, 2015
@Levi it is mentioned multiple times in the venture beat article.

Then again, you can't expect much from journalists.
Lol yeah they out of touch with reality then.

I didn't read the article, looked at the pictures, clicked through to the manufacturers site to find the white pages.

I like it because I've seen mini PCs out route average consumer grade hardware. I'll try to find the comparison article. So I thought this would have really great potential for something at the house.

Deslok

Jul 15, 2015
deslok.dyndns.org

They look like they're right to the soc no usb involved

Attachments

dicecca112

Feb 10, 2016
I finally got around to buying this. I bought the Pro versions and am going to see if I can get vayallaos to run on it. I'll be sure to post once I receive and it hopefully get it running.

Reactions: wsuff

Blinky 42

Aug 6, 2015
PA, USA
I will be curious to see how it works for you @dicecca112
Similar to the routerboard type of mini-router/switch on a single PCB but with the Armada A38x base fr a faster CPU.

Armada 38x · MarvellEmbeddedProcessors/main Wiki · GitHub
the SoC they used has 3 Gig ports on the chip itself, which would correspond to the 2 copper and one SFP port on the "ClearFog Base" version and the switch is hung off of one of the 3 SoC ports in the "Pro" version.

The SoC can do 2.5Gb Ethernet as well, don't know if the rest of the board is built to support it however Marvell - Embedded Processors - ARMADA 38x