Supermicro A1SAi-2750F and pfsense

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
As requested:

I tried booting from the latest pfsense 2.1-RELEASE AMD64 ISO. That gets me to a mounroot> prompt and a "ROOT MOUNT ERROR:"

Expected, but will continue to work on this.

cactus

Jan 25, 2011
CA
There are quite a few Linux based router distributions. Vyatta, Untangle, ClearOS, Smoothwall, and IPCop are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

gonzopancho

Nov 17, 2013
Meh, we just got a A1SRi-2758F at work on Friday, and pfSense boots fine, albeit, it doesn't find any NICs. Yeah, we're working on it, and since we (Netgate) a) own over half of the company behind pfSense, and b) sell pfSense hardware (and now support), well, draw your own conclusion.

The currently underway (and running internally) port to FreeBSD 10 should fix your 802.11N woes.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Meh, we just got a A1SRi-2758F at work on Friday, and pfSense boots fine, albeit, it doesn't find any NICs. Yeah, we're working on it, and since we (Netgate) a) own over half of the company behind pfSense, and b) sell pfSense hardware (and now support), well, draw your own conclusion.

The currently underway (and running internally) port to FreeBSD 10 should fix your 802.11N woes.
Can't wait for this. Feel free to shoot me a note once fixed.

Gianni

Dec 18, 2013

I have 10 pcs of this motherboard (A1SRi-2758F )
Please inform if you get this problem fixed