Will there be a Ubiquiti Enterprise XG Managed 24 Port 10Gbe Switch review

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

craigdt

Mar 13, 2016
Hi @Patrick,

I have been watching your YouTube channel for a while, I have to commend you for the interesting/informative content.

Do you have any plans to review the Ubiquiti USW-EnterpriseXG-24 10Gbe switch?

Right now, there doesn't seem to be any decent reviews on it, and there seems to be stock of it out in the retail channels here in Australia.

It seems it’s a fairly good price per port compared to other 24port 10Gbe switches here in Australia.

Craig

gregsachs

Aug 14, 2018
Reading between the lines of the "What is STH" piece posted today, it was strongly implied that UI would not provide units for review without the right of review/veto power. Means that I expect STH would need to buy and then sell a unit, which they may not see roi on for a $1300 switch-also sold out here in US.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Hey @craigdt I do want to, just need to get the budget to be able to. That is on Rohit and my list though.

craigdt

Mar 13, 2016
Reading between the lines of the "What is STH" piece posted today, it was strongly implied that UI would not provide units for review without the right of review/veto power. Means that I expect STH would need to buy and then sell a unit, which they may not see roi on for a $1300 switch-also sold out here in US.
What's interesting is I have seen stock of this switch for quite a while at one of the retailers I use. It's only recently sold out but there is a stock eta for the 1st of April, I was quite surprised it took so long to sell out. I'm wondering if its due to a lack of reviews. From what you said about UI review/veto power, very informative. Thanks :)