Where do I find a sturdy cardbox for packaging an ICX 7250-48P (in EU)

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Ralph_IT

I'm called Ralph
Apr 12, 2021
/home
For the life of me, I cannot find a seller of cardbox big enough to fit an 7250-48P inside.
Somebody can help me find one?
Please, no 50 boxes minimum or the likes.

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
No local shops that can make one for you? At least in my relatively large city, there are a dozen packaging supply companies that can make custom sizes and just about every FedEx/UPS/DHL location stocks a multitude of boxes as well.

You can always buy one that's larger than you need and resize it down if there's that little selection. That switch isn't that big, so it's not like you need a massive box.

Reactions: Ralph_IT

Peter Blanchard

Jun 30, 2022
I feel your pain.

I've got a bunch of low value kit that I want to get rid of. Pick up/drop off by/to local people is the only economical option.

I fell down a rabbit hole of box/carton staplers. They aren't cheap.

Cutting down a box is probably the best option and use strong tape.

ms264556

Sep 13, 2021
New Zealand
ms264556.net
For the life of me, I cannot find a seller of cardbox big enough to fit an 7250-48P inside.
Somebody can help me find one?
Please, no 50 boxes minimum or the likes.
I've safely shipped several big Ruckus switches to Europe from NZ & I found the easiest packaging method is to buy a big sheet of insulation polystyrene from a hardware store @ ~€4 for an enormous sheet.

You can cut out perfectly sized panels to surround the switch & hold it together with a couple of loops of packing tape while you wrap the thing up with cardboard from a box you've cut up. You can use lots of packing tape to secure the cardboard, but I have a roll of pallet wrap which is easier.