What happened? Redesign is terrible for me

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

zer0sum

Mar 8, 2013
What is this?
Top left hamburger menu is useless and leads to errors

Where did my beloved STH go?

Main page...
1695307477674.png

Menu...
1695307596135.png

wp menu builder link...
1695307633168.png

Last edited:
Reactions: marcoi

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
We rebuilt the site from scratch yesterday and did a late-night cutover. There is still some work to go to get it back to 100%.

Reactions: marcoi and i386

Syr

Sep 10, 2017
I still seem to be getting that broken mobile version of the site (on desktop firefox no less), even after reloading w/o cache, so I'm not sure what its supposed to look like now. Essentially looks as pictured in the original post, complete with the admin link that leads to a 404 w/ a link to a demo website - just now the homepage has the TP-link 2.5gbit switch review up. Firefox is also giving me a notification every time I load it that its blocking an automatic reload as well.

Edit: it just started working again properly for me (seeing the classic sth desktop layout). Not sure what was up. However, it should be noted that I'm still getting the automatic reload block notifications from firefox.

Last edited:

Dev_Mgr

Sep 20, 2014
Texas
I was looking for a recent article that had already rolled off the frontpage, so at the bottom I tried to go to page 2, but all I'm getting is a blank page (well, the basic STH things, but no actual articles).

I've also noticed over the last few days that some articles would show in the full screen width, when the home page and other articles wouldn't. I can't find an example right now, so this may have already been addressed.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Check mobile now. I JUST got setup at the new house and took a pass at fixing this.

Patrick

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 21, 2010
Hey @Dev_Mgr what do you think of the new option? Not perfect, but we added a load more as a stopgap. I got sick of people not being able to give me answers, so in the meantime, we have this. I also think that most folks after 30-60 articles will end up just using search.

Reactions: mach3.2

mach3.2

Feb 7, 2022
Hey @Dev_Mgr what do you think of the new option? Not perfect, but we added a load more as a stopgap. I got sick of people not being able to give me answers, so in the meantime, we have this. I also think that most folks after 30-60 articles will end up just using search.
I think "load more" beats "next page", at least on a desktop.

Reactions: Patrick
Nov 6, 2023
Comments are NOT working for me at all. They've been this way since around late September or early October. Posting any comment from my location on any front page article is impossible. I go through the Captcha and try to click the "Post Comment" button, but it does not work. I've tried reaching out to Patrick but he's either dead, stupid, blind or not caring about it. It's frustrating when I see an article I want to say something about and I'm prevented from doing so somehow. Is my IP address being blocked? Is STH falsely flagging it as a spammer? I wish somebody would help with this or at least figure out what's going on. Disabling ad blockers and changing browsers DOES NOT CHANGE the situation for me! If this is part of STH's "redesign", well I'm here to let you know IT SUCKS.

Nov 6, 2023
Maybe there's an asshole filter.
Well, maybe YOU might know why I'm unable to post comments and would like to share that info instead of assuming that I'm an "asshole" all because I'm FRUSTRATED with things NOT working! And okay, fine. Maybe, just maybe, I've been a little rough on Patrick and his team. But I get like this when I get NO response to emails, comment posts here on the forums OR comments on YouTube videos. I HATE being ignored or, how do you put it these days?...Ghosted! My existence would go a LOT smoother if people would at least make an attempt to acknowledge they've seen my comments and are trying to do something to address my issues. I know Patrick responds to comments. That behavior is NOT becoming of any business, I don't care what's going on in Mr. Kennedy's life. His business is having problems and he seems uncommitted to resolving them at this time. But, maybe I'm irrational, I don't know.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Well, maybe YOU might know why I'm unable to post comments and would like to share that info instead of assuming that I'm an "asshole" all because I'm FRUSTRATED with things NOT working! And okay, fine. Maybe, just maybe, I've been a little rough on Patrick and his team. But I get like this when I get NO response to emails, comment posts here on the forums OR comments on YouTube videos. I HATE being ignored or, how do you put it these days?...Ghosted! My existence would go a LOT smoother if people would at least make an attempt to acknowledge they've seen my comments and are trying to do something to address my issues. I know Patrick responds to comments. That behavior is NOT becoming of any business, I don't care what's going on in Mr. Kennedy's life. His business is having problems and he seems uncommitted to resolving them at this time. But, maybe I'm irrational, I don't know.
It's all become clear now.