[USA-FL][FS] New/Open Box Dell Server Gear

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Bobagsp

Apr 5, 2024
Hey all, I have a bunch of server gear, switches, etc. for sale.

Some of these have only been opened to find out the contents of the boxes, but none of them have been used and are otherwise new.

I am willing to go down on some of these prices, so feel free to ask!

I also have a variety of access points and other stuff on that ebay.

S4048-ON - $1,030

N1124T-ON - $1,000 Open Box Dell Networking N1124T-ON 24P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ Switch 11110519245 | eBay

VEP4600 - $1,000

Sonicwall NSA 2600 - $750

N4032F - $5,000

Mods: Let me know if I need to take this down/adjust it

Bobagsp

Apr 5, 2024
My prices must be really off to get nothing but laugh reacts, but I'm honestly not confident on the prices so I'm just starting high and dropping down till I sell them. I'm willing to take offers here through PayPal Goods & Services. I have a lot of things I want to get rid of to make space and fund my PC build

Reactions: Samir

Samir

Post Liker and Deal Hunter Extraordinaire!
Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Generally, if you have gear that's closer to new then ebay will fetch you more than here since most people here don't need new, just working. It won't hurt to have it listed here as there may be the off chance that someone at a company needs a replacement and will hit this thread via google seo. :) Good luck and best wishes!

Reactions: Bobagsp

Bobagsp

Apr 5, 2024
Generally, if you have gear that's closer to new then ebay will fetch you more than here since most people here don't need new, just working. It won't hurt to have it listed here as there may be the off chance that someone at a company needs a replacement and will hit this thread via google seo. :) Good luck and best wishes!
Thank you so much for your response. Yeah I'll see if I can sell them elsewhere for this price then

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Thank you so much for your response. Yeah I'll see if I can sell them elsewhere for this price then
You're welcome. Like I said, it definitely doesn't hurt to 'post it around' as I've found buyers for my stuff via a good post as seo brought them to the thread. :)

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
Also, if you have it on ebay for $1000 it should be here for 10% less not the same price, that alone turns people off too... most give a 10-20% below ebay price when selling.
At least 10% as ebay fees are nearly 20% for some transactions. As a seller, you save that by posting here (and other forums/boards) and selling direct. The drawback is no ebay protections, but those are mainly for the buyer anyways these days.

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
That's rough. I pay 6.5% + 2% over 400 for my business and personally i pay 0% fee on eBay Germany unless they changed it.

pututu

May 7, 2016
hardforum.com
Reddit homelabsales have reasonable traffic, certainly more than here and some other PC forums that I have accounts with. Just remember to read the rules here. You may get equivalent price or a few percent lower than ebay price since reddit does not collect state sale tax in US unlike ebay which collect sales tax based on final total cost including shipping which doesn't make a great deal for a buyer. It is up to the individual buyer to keep track and report their sales tax owed in their annual tax return.

T_Minus

Build. Break. Fix. Repeat
Feb 15, 2015
Reddit homelabsales have reasonable traffic, certainly more than here and some other PC forums that I have accounts with. Just remember to read the rules here. You may get equivalent price or a few percent lower than ebay price since reddit does not collect state sale tax in US unlike ebay which collect sales tax based on final total cost including shipping which doesn't make a great deal for a buyer. It is up to the individual buyer to keep track and report their sales tax owed in their annual tax return.
Way more often than not reddit pc\server sale subs have cheaper prices than STH, and much much cheaper prices than usual ebay prices.

If the price is the same as ebay on one of those subs it's instantly down voted, for good reason.

Nnyan

Mar 5, 2012
I'm not going to price check all your stuff but an open box NSA 2600 is around $200 and used ones under $100.

Samir

Jul 21, 2017
HSV and SFO
I think the taxation rules apply more to business sellers as most individuals don't have tax reporting accounts. Plus, on used items sales tax was already paid once so that's not as a big of a deal as the capital gains tax for buying and flipping stuff as people do.

chrgrose

Jul 18, 2018
I think typical eBay selling fees in computer equipment categories are around 8-12%. Then they add sales tax. Although for costs over $2500 selling fees drop to 3%.

Sable

Active Horse
Oct 19, 2016
I think typical eBay selling fees in computer equipment categories are around 8-12%. Then they add sales tax. Although for costs over $2500 selling fees drop to 3%.
Why are they adding sales tax for used items which have tax already paid?

Reactions: chrgrose