Unable to post comments on main page articles

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

oneplane

Jul 23, 2021
Filling out the form and the captcha and then clicking the submit button doesn't seem to do anything. The submit action on the form does trigger (I can see a request and response) but then nothing happens, form stays as-is, no JavaScript errors in the developer console either.

This is from a Mac with Safari 16.6.1. Tried with Chrome as well, no change. Before diving any deeper I figured I'd just post here and see if it's just me.

Malvineous

Sep 28, 2018
I'm having the same problem. When I click to post a comment the browser does a POST to https://www.servethehome.com/wp-admin/admin-ajax.php?td_theme_name=Newspaper&v=12.6 with "action" set to "td_ajax_submit_captcha" and a lengthy "token" value, but although the response is a 200 OK, it only contains two lines, with the first line blank and the second line with a single zero digit.

No hint of an error message or anything, just nothing happens after that td_ajax_submit_captcha comes back with a zero.

I'm on Firefox under Linux.

Nov 6, 2023
Yeah, I'm having the same issue, oneplane. I just tried to post a comment on the latest article talking about how the Grace Hopper and Grace Superchip modules are not interchangeable on the same baseboard and I get exactly what you and Malvineous are getting. I literally just created my account to use the STH Forums just to reply to this. I sent one email and TWO messages via Facebook trying to reach out to Patrick, but it's like I've been "ghosted" or something. I'm getting absolutely ZERO response out of them and I'm not sure what to think at this point.

Comments are STILL broken as of my writing this at 06:14 PM CST on November 06, 2023. I'm suspicious that Patrick or his IT team are asleep and not paying attention to what's going on with the site. Either that or it's got something to do with them moving to a new location, them re-doing the website design or something else we aren't privy to. Patrick Kennedy seems QUITE SILENT on this and I don't know or understand why. He's FAR TOO BUSY going to "conferences" and the like and needs to be doing what can be done to keep ServeTheHome.com working right. Somehow, someway though, comments ARE getting through as I've seen that some of the recently posted articles have comments while others are completely zeroed out. THAT TOO, I don't understand.

If it makes any difference, I'm using Windows 10 Home 22H2, OS Build 19045.3636 as of the last update. My default web browser has been Brave, but that makes no difference because I tested this in Microsoft Edge AND Firefox, ALL return the same result. I have tried with AND without ad blockers and no dice.

This HAS to get to Patrick and team some kind of way. It can't continue to be like this forever.

Nov 6, 2023
I have the same problem, also on Linux with Firefox.
Just tried again a few minutes ago and still not working. I don't know what's going on. A user called "snek" somehow managed to post yesterday on STH's article about the consolidation from 1st. and 2nd. gen Xeon to the 5th. gen Xeon at 7:21 PM and a reply from another user was posted today a bit after 9:00 this morning. Somehow, some way, people are posting and getting through just fine but I strangely can't. I'm wondering if my particular IP address is being blocked or falsely flagged as a spammer. Unfortunately, I can't do anything to verify any of this. And Patrick Kennedy has NOT replied in any capacity to my email or comments. It's all very annoying.

Malvineous

Sep 28, 2018
Well whatever the problem was it seems to be fixed now. I was able to post my original comment on the original article, albeit four months late!