Minisforum - Intel NUC KVM/libvirt replacement

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

t3kg33k

Mar 12, 2024
Hello, all. I hope this is the best place to post this question. I'm new to the forum.
Here's the deal. I have an old Intel NUC I have had for a couple of years I am afraid could die at any moment. It currently is running Red Hat 8 with KVM/libvirt hosting a few virtual machines and is also my Plex server. Also, there isn't a lot of resources on this NUC so I am limited on how many VMs I can run on it.
I've been looking for another small form factor machine that can replace this NUC and Minisforum seems to be a good option. I'm on a budget so I am looking for something for less the $400. I was looking at MINISFORUM Venus Series NAB5 Mini PC, 12th Gen Core i5-12450H Micro Compter, 32G DDR4+512G on Amazon at $360 to be a pretty decent option. Anyone have any experience with Minisforum? Would this potentially be a good NUC replacement? Any other brand/machine I should be looking at that may be a better choice for my purpose?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I should point out that I am looking for at least 32GB RAM and 1TB of storage.

Last edited: