IBM V7000 G2

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Marc_

Always a school day
Jul 22, 2022
Morning all,

I've got the opportunity to pick up the above pretty cheap from a guy locally. I'm a bit wary however as I know this is a "bitsa" and the controllers are not from that chassis. Having read a lot of the IBM tech info for these it doesn't appear I can get the controllers out of service mode as they are showing error 503. Lots of reading and head scratching later, I'm no further down the line to figuring this out.

Can anyone shed some light on this as I've never really come into contact with these.

Many thanks.

Marc_

Always a school day
Jul 22, 2022
error 503 is incorrect enclosure
Ah, so they are definitely from the wrong type of chassis/wrong chassis. I take it there is no way around this? Not picked it up as yet so if it's bricked I'll leave it with them.

kryten

Apr 10, 2023
when it came to the Gen1 differant chassis were needed for differant controllers.

you may want to look up the part number of the chassis and compare it to the controllers

Reactions: Marc_

Marc_

Always a school day
Jul 22, 2022
when it came to the Gen1 differant chassis were needed for differant controllers.

you may want to look up the part number of the chassis and compare it to the controllers
Thanks. Never used these so it's all a learning experience :)