EU Gigabyte Mainboard MC12-LE0 Re1.0 AMD B550 AM4 Ryzen

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

matt_garman

Feb 7, 2011
FYI, the seller will ship to the USA if you email them. Shipping costs are kinda high though. I bought three units with the intent of keeping one and selling the other two. I'm doing firmware and BIOS upgrades on all three, and also doing some basic burn-in testing on them.

I'm halfway through testing of the second board, so far, everything just works as expected. These do seem to be surprisingly power efficient. My on-desk test setup:
  • Gigabyte MC12-LE0 motherboard
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5700x CPU
  • 4x32GB ECC UDIMM Crucial MTA18ASF4G72AZ-3G2R OR 2x16GB ECC UDIMM Kingston 9965669-008.A03G
  • Noctua NH-U9S cooler w/92mm fan
  • Seasonic Focus SGX-500 80+ Gold SFX-L PSU
  • Intel 320-series 80GB SATA SSD
  • Proxmox 8.2 stock install
  • One network cable attached to IPMI interface and a second attached to one of the on-board NICs
I am using a Kill-a-Watt meter for measuring power consumption, so these are unlikely to be precise numbers, but it seems similar to what others have posted. So this is "from the wall", i.e. total system power consumption.

At idle, power consumption seems to settle around 20-24 Watts. Surprisingly, the amount of RAM (128GB vs 32GB) did not seem to make much difference in power draw. I did similar testing a long time ago with a different board+CPU, but with RDIMMs, and it seems those are very power-hungry.

The first board I tested was with the 128GB of RAM. I ran over 24 hours of memtest86 with no errors. I then ran 12 or so hours of prime95 (also without issue). The second board did 12 hours of memtest86 and just started the prime95 test, so far so good.

I also have a picoPSU-160-xt and a 192 Watt 12v DC brick that I want to try with this, to see how its efficiency compares to the Seasonic.

If anyone is interested in taking one or two of the spares off my hands (when testing is done), feel free to PM me.

Szala

Mar 23, 2024
FYI, the seller will ship to the USA if you email them. Shipping costs are kinda high though. I bought three units with the intent of keeping one and selling the other two. I'm doing firmware and BIOS upgrades on all three, and also doing some basic burn-in testing on them.

I'm halfway through testing of the second board, so far, everything just works as expected. These do seem to be surprisingly power efficient. My on-desk test setup:
  • Gigabyte MC12-LE0 motherboard
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5700x CPU
  • 4x32GB ECC UDIMM Crucial MTA18ASF4G72AZ-3G2R OR 2x16GB ECC UDIMM Kingston 9965669-008.A03G
  • Noctua NH-U9S cooler w/92mm fan
  • Seasonic Focus SGX-500 80+ Gold SFX-L PSU
  • Intel 320-series 80GB SATA SSD
  • Proxmox 8.2 stock install
  • One network cable attached to IPMI interface and a second attached to one of the on-board NICs
I am using a Kill-a-Watt meter for measuring power consumption, so these are unlikely to be precise numbers, but it seems similar to what others have posted. So this is "from the wall", i.e. total system power consumption.

At idle, power consumption seems to settle around 20-24 Watts. Surprisingly, the amount of RAM (128GB vs 32GB) did not seem to make much difference in power draw. I did similar testing a long time ago with a different board+CPU, but with RDIMMs, and it seems those are very power-hungry.

The first board I tested was with the 128GB of RAM. I ran over 24 hours of memtest86 with no errors. I then ran 12 or so hours of prime95 (also without issue). The second board did 12 hours of memtest86 and just started the prime95 test, so far so good.

I also have a picoPSU-160-xt and a 192 Watt 12v DC brick that I want to try with this, to see how its efficiency compares to the Seasonic.

If anyone is interested in taking one or two of the spares off my hands (when testing is done), feel free to PM me.
I will be super interested to see comparison of supersonic Vs Pico on idle and load. :)

Reactions: fossxplorer