Ebay - used HGST HC520 SATA 12tb with vendor 5 year warranty - $83 - sketchy vendor warning!

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

MountainBofh

Beating my users into submission
Mar 9, 2024
Reactions: e97 and Samir

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Just a reminder to everyone that GoHardDrive has a reputation. Feel free to search the forum on the topic.

Reactions: e97, izx and Samir

Koop

Jan 24, 2024
Just a reminder to everyone that GoHardDrive has a reputation. Feel free to search the forum on the topic.
I've purchased 10TB drives from them and they didn't wipe SMART or anything like that. Clearly showed they had a ton of hours on them. So I dunno, maybe they stopped messing around with it due to the complaints?

Reactions: Samir

Bert

Mar 31, 2018
Is it a good idea to jump to 12+ TB drives or stick around 6-8TB for the increased I/O. For some reason, these drives are larger in capacity but their sequential read/write throughput is same as smaller 4TB drives. It will take 1+ day to fill them in or run checksums etc.

Reactions: Samir

EasyRhino

Aug 6, 2019
Personally I would buy the 14TB (SAS, though) from techyparts to get 2 more TB and save on tax.
Toshiba MG07SCA14TE 14TB 7.2K 3.5" SAS 12Gbps 512e 256MB Enterprise HDD *Grade B (techyparts.com)

It seems that goharddrive has gotten somewhat better about clearly labelling their drives if they are used or not? Although I would still assume that anything that they sell as "refurbished" is merely a used drive perhaps with wiped SMART values. But they have at least existed for several years, shipped real product, and anecdotally processed returns under their seller warranty.

If they ever were advertising a 'new' hard drive I would just be skeptical on that one.