eBay seller tugm4470 - EU shipping low import fees - Any experiences?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Doc TVR

Jan 13, 2024
Good afternoon everyone,

I am looking to buy a Supermicro H12SSL-I and 7302P combo from tugm4470 on eBay. Here the link:

[/URL]

I've seen he is very popular with the home build server community for great prices.
Also in his adverts he says that he can provide a low effective tax option if shipping is done via the expedited shipping option. This can be seen in the item description.

Does anyone have any experience if this has worked in the past - i.e. low import fees due to the experdited shipping?
The shipping destination for me would be Germany.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Cheers everyone

jei

Aug 8, 2021
Finland
That's basically just declaring a lower value. In Finland the customs do not care what the sender declares, it's up to the buyer to provide the correct paperwork. Faking them is of course illegal and subject to charges under the law.

Reactions: automobile

Doc TVR

Jan 13, 2024
That's basically just declaring a lower value. In Finland the customs do not care what the sender declares, it's up to the buyer to provide the correct paperwork. Faking them is of course illegal and subject to charges under the law.
And as I thought it's not as simple as it seems :p I''m not sure how Germann customs handles this

automobile

May 16, 2017
And as I thought it's not as simple as it seems :p I''m not sure how Germann customs handles this
The customs can just simply open the parcel and check the real value of the hardware (or check your bank transfers).
Chinese usually indicate the contents as a “gift” $20 in such cases :D

Last edited:

Doc TVR

Jan 13, 2024
The customs can just simple open the parcel and check the real value of the hardware (or check your bank transfers).

Chinese usually indicate the contents as a “gift” $20 in such cases :D
yeah basically the entire cost saving potential is being absorbed by customs and even makes it more expensive compared to buying local - just a matter of luck if customs opens it. Probably not worth it

Reactions: automobile