Compatibility of Supermicro boards and housings

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

Obmawo

Mar 11, 2024
Hello everyone,

In the hope that someone here knows whether a somewhat more exotic combination of a mainboard and chassis from Supermicro is possible. I am looking for the following two components:

- X12SDV-4C-SPT8F
- 113MFAC2-341CB

Would the board fit (even without the IO shield if necessary)? It would also be important that the PCIe slot could still be used. If you compare the pictures, it looks good.

The actual chassis for the board are unfortunately all without hot-swap options for the HDDs... so I would like to go with this combination.

GuessWho

Dec 17, 2023
That 1U Chassis only says it supports ATX 12" x 10" motherboards. Your motherboard is mirco-atx. Usually chassis that can support more than one size say which ones they do support. It's weird cause the Super Servers for that motherboard are built w/a chassis that " Support Proprietary WIO MB size up to 8"x10"

I've been mixing and matching Supermicro motherboards and chassis for decades. Usually you can find a combination that will work that's not listed as "supported".

It's not just will the board fit into the chassis, but will the cooling be sufficient?

BlueFox

Legendary Member Spam Hunter Extraordinaire
Oct 26, 2015
Supermicro lists the maximum supported size. In fact, the photo they have on the chassis page has it pictured with an mATX motherboard. Cooling is also a non-issue given it's a 65W CPU.

Obmawo

Mar 11, 2024
FYI:

It work's. No problems with the board and the I/O shields fits perfectly.
Only the power connectors from the power supply are to short. all fixable.

best regards