Search results

1. A

You experiences with HP SAS Expander 12GB/s

Hi Evan, you can't be using genuine HP cables with LSI 9361-81 (12G) controller since HP's connectors are different (not HD). Which controller do you have hooked up on your HPE 12G Expander ? PS: 4.02 firmware is available.
  2. A

You experiences with HP SAS Expander 12GB/s

This is good topic, can you guys send some photos of your setups PS - if it helps - I read on overclock forums people have issues with HPE Sas expanders; also there are nice articles on serverfault how to flash them without having HPE Smart Array. If anyone interested it's here: This topic is...
  3. A

Error on Phy Drive that does't exist

Here is part of the log file: ID = 113 SEQUENCE NUMBER = 5046 TIME = 31-10-2017 20:29:21 LOCALIZED MESSAGE = Controller ID: 0 Unexpected sense: PD = 21 No addtional sense information, CDB = 0x1d 0x10 0x00 0x01 0x30 0x00 , Sense = 0x70 0x00 0x04 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00...
  4. A

What SSDs are you using with LSI MegaRAID cards?

Does anyone have an updated broadcom list of SSDs that are accepted as CacheCade disks (in my case LSI 9361)? I am asking this as none of my current SSDs are accepted by MSM as Cachecade. I would understand that it's because they are SATA, but I also have Seagate 1200 SAS SSD 12GB/s and that...
  5. A

How to check SMART data on SAS based SSD in Windows

HDD Guardian didn't show my Seagate ST200FM0073 (SAS 12, 200GB) drive. However, i find Hard Disk Sentinel 5.0.1 Pro (Trial) providing very detailed results of everything attached to my IBM SAS HBA (passthru bios) controller. Also has very professional and not too flashy UI; allows email...
  6. A

ES Xeon Discussion

Power consumption worries are overrated, all devices have some power management, even DDR4 sticks have temperature sensors and according bios can slow down. I have tiny UPS of only 800 VA, it never showed it's overloaded mark even when the workstation was on full load, shutting itself down and...