Search results

1. M

CWWK/Topton/... Nxxx quad NIC router

Be careful with overheating. I tested Kingston Fury at 4800 MHz and Crucial at 5600 MHz, both with 32GB. The Crucial produces significantly more heat, perhaps twice as much, or something to that effect. I'm not sure if this is related to the frequency or not
  2. M

Guys, Has anyone tested enabling ASPM on 4xI226-V on C board? Are there any downsides?
  3. M

Thank you for your response. I took the temperature, and the DDR5 memory sticks get very hot. I'm concerned that someone might mistakenly blame the power supply. However, in reality, the memory is operating at borderline temperatures and only occasionally produces errors. If it is indeed...
  4. M

Yes! I've purchased a pyrometer and checked both the Crucial CT32G56C46S5 and the Kingston KF548S38IB-32, and here's what I observed: After a few minutes with the bottom cover open, the Crucial began overheating, reaching over 80°C after about 5 minutes of memtest. The Kingston was cooler...
  5. M

Just check the reviews of modern SSDs. You will see that almost all TLC SSDs under heavy load instantly heat up to 70-90°C and then begin to throttle. Similarly, modern notebooks under high load heat up to 100°C and then throttle or switch to PL1. This is acceptable for typical use, but for 24/7...
  6. M

Are you serious? We're discussing NVMe storage. What do you mean by 'good contact'? My question was whether it's possible to reduce load peaks for SSD storage to achieve more stable temperatures. I don't require, nor do I have, workloads that operate at the 4-5-6GB/s speeds modern SSDs offer. I...
  7. M

Let me disagree with you. Please do some basic tests with dd, and you will see that drives generate a lot less heat when operating at a slow speed. Yes, you are right that heat is produced only when I/O operations are performed, and this is what I want to avoid. I want to avoid these kinds of...
  8. M

Hi guys, Does anyone know if it's possible to limit NVMe speed in the BIOS somehow? Or to limit the active PCIe lanes for the main NVMe storage? I'm just checking if I can do this for a slight reduction in speed, which should result in less heating, respectively. Modern drives are excessively...
  9. M

I thought about that, but I want to keep it with fully passive cooling, which is why I opted for the N100 instead of the i3-N305. I have a J4125 box from Topton, and it has been working perfectly for many years in this mode. If the RAM cannot work without active cooling, then it is not suitable...
  10. M

Hi guys, The Topton C/N100 unit with Crucial CT32G56C46S5 memory is failing the memtest. The Kingston KF548S38IB-32 is set to arrive next week, and I will provide an update on whether it works with the Kingston memory. I'm using a Meanwell 65W adapter, so I believe the issue is not related to...