Search results

1. C

Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus viability in Server

When you say a better experience, what's the advantage in your mind of switching from the M.2 to the U.3? I'm unfamiliar with the latter. I'm getting good deals on second hand M.2 so the price is somewhat secondary.
  2. C

Chassis recommendations for GPU, H13SSL-N, and drives

Thank you this is well noted!
  3. C

Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus viability in Server

Hi all, I am planning a build which is currently configured to have 4x 12TB HDDs (HDD- HUH721212ALE601), and 2x 4TB Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus M.2, and 768GB RAM. I would like to configure the server such that it uses ZFS RAIDZ-1 and caching to leverage the super fast M.2. I should mention MOBO is a...
  4. C

Thanks for the recommendations. I'm curious why the A5000 over the A10, it seems to be like while they are the same chip the A10 is significantly faster, or am I mistaken? I will take a look around Supermicro workstations as well, any recommendations welcome.
  5. C

Cooler recommendations for 400W SP5?

Didn't find anything beyond 6 heat pipes on aliexpress, is there one you're thinking of?
  6. C

Hadn't heard of that icy dock. Pretty cool! I thin you're right, I should forget about the redundant PSUs and rack mount. Any good cases you recommend with a focus on temps?
  7. C

I'm open to modifying the passive cooler, or grabbing a different version of the card.
  8. C

Thank you for that case recommendation, I'm currently unsure if I'll be going for a case or rack but the FD Torrent looks like a good option. I think my current favorite is probably just going to be a Supermicro SNK-P0084AP4. Then if I go with a rack, whatever U version is suitable.
  9. C

Noctua said that their SP6 cooler will not fit Sp5.
  10. C

Hi all, This is my first server grade build. Here's what I'm packing: - H13SSL-N - AMD 9654 - NVIDIA A10 (Passive) - 4x HDD 3.5" drives (SATA) - 2x M.2 drives with heatsinks Budget: roughly $100-$350 (looking in the used market mainly) I have not yet decided on a server rack type enclosure...
  11. C

Any idea if that 4u tower will actually cool the CPU?
  12. C

Definitely not committed to a case, or to either of those preferences if it doesn't"t work out. Main thing keeping me away from the alpha cool AiO is actually $$, I'd ideally like to keep the cooling solution to a $100.
  13. C

Hi all, I am planning a single node build with a 9654, and future proofing for a 9754. I have not yet chosen a chassis, but I believe I have settled on a H13SSL-N. I can't find good cooling benchmarks online, so here I am. Any recommendations for how to cool a 400W SP5 CPU properly? I do...