Search results

1. H

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

Give me a little more time and I will try to redesign it to make it scalable, which takes a lot of time :). The case is 2U as it is design to go big or go home with the fan (120 mm). The one I posted above fits perfectly in 10" rack. To make it completely scalable going to 19" rack with one or...
  2. H

So here i was talking about my idea of addressing the problem regarding the heat issue... Well the idea came to life and I cannot wait to install it! :) EDITED: So far I am seeing a massive temeperature drop on all nvme! I would say it was all worth is so far. Not to mention my wife...
  3. H

Hey guys, so I've been reading a lot about heat issues and so on. And before I sent back my PC because of bad L2 cache, I had already migrated my entire HL (becuase I did not know) and during the process I also had heat issues (I think mainly on my NVME drives) to the point that it cannot take...
  4. H

Minisforum ms-01 i9-13900H 96GB with Proxmox

If you do not see the same error as mine, then it could be just proxmox or something else? Looking at the forum posts in proxmox i see a lot of people having the same problem. You can try to install other os like Linux mint or something... For my case, i sent them the logs and they told me its...
  5. H

Struggle is real. lol I just want one so badly
  6. H

I also sent mine in DE. I remember you also had the same problem with mce hardware error but you had reboots and all that. That was really a shame. It sounds like we had bad luck. I hope the next revision is better. I think i will wait. Did you send back your ram? The After-Sale Service said...
  7. H

Okay just to give you an update... I am returning my ms-01 through amazon because I am still able to return it until next week. If I do it over Minisforum then I have to send the hardware and when they received it then they can send a new one if they have in stock. AT the moment they are out of...
  8. H

I got in contact with them and they told me it's CPU malfunctioned. The technical support said he contacted the After- Sale department (Feb.27) to arrange the replacement and that they will contact me. But haven't heard anything from them since then. I am still patiently waiting and hoping that...
  9. H

It's CPU malfunctioned after all :(
  10. H

If you do this then you might run into overheating issue. I would not really recommend that
  11. H

You can disbale some cores in the bios. But then I do not understand why you bought ms-01 when you just want to lower its performance
  12. H

@NerdAshes thanks for trying to help. I am also thinking its the 2x 48 Curcial. I tried 8GB Curcial and did not see any errors with that. It just confuses me because because it also says cpu 1 and 2
  13. H

@CharlieBreeze3 how long did you wait for the splash screen? When i boot mine i think it take 15-30 seconds to show the Minisforum logo.
  14. H

I've been running 8GB ram for 1 hour and 40 minutes now and until now i do not see any mce errors. Still rooting for the ram. I am returning them and get new dimms. I'll update
  15. H

@nexox i would check again with 8GB. I did not have rasdaemon installed before. I was just relying on normal log. I'll update very soon. Would you say i should send the ms-01 back?
  16. H

So i am replying to my own post here as i have installed rasdaemon to help more with troubleshooting. Rasdaemon shows me this: Feb 24 11:51:50 zeus rasdaemon[2661579]: rasdaemon: mce_record store: 0x561ce6199258 Feb 24 11:51:50 zeus rasdaemon[2661579]: rasdaemon: register inserted at db Feb 24...
  17. H

@nexox Okay so i checked the system again, and it logged something to rasdaemon after more than an hour after enabling it. Now i am not really sure at all if the it not hardware issue! This is what rasdaemon shows me. Anyone could help? I know it has something to do with L2 Cache of CPU. Just...
  18. H

@nexox thanks for the message. What do you mean by your first question? Don't you think if it's motherboard or CPU problem that i should also see the errors when running 8GB memory? And its also quite interesting that some people with the same setup do not see the errors.
  19. H

I installed rasdaemon because mcelog utiliy was replaced by it I heard. Using the command journalctl -u rasdaemon i see this: I do not see any log similar to what i see when i execute journalctl | grep -i error or dmesg. Using dmesg i see this: or am i using rasdaemon wrong? Where else...
  20. H

Ok now that's very interesting... The thing is, i want to believe that my 2x 48GB Crucial ram are not faulty... And i did memtester86+ using usb and i did 2 pass. Maybe it needed more tests? But since it arrived (ms-01, 2x 2TB nvme, 2x 48GB Crucial came in one box) i was worried becuase the...