Search results

1. Koop

[US-NJ][WTB] 1U (or larger) rack mounted appliance to use as a firewall for OPNSense. Fanless + low power ideal

Hello STH friends, Looking for PCIe to U.2 adapters to use in both x16 and x8 slots. 1U (or larger) rack mounted appliance to use as a firewall for OPNSense. Must be very quiet or fanless. low power draw expected. HGST 800GB SAS SSDs Feel free to post here and/or DM me with what you may...
  2. Koop

Aquired 2x CSE848X chassis- possibility to repurpose?

Hello everyone, So I was watching an ebay auction for a while for a SuperMicro CSE-848XA-R3240B Barebone Server. it appears the chassis was originally meant for this system using a proprietary form factor X10QBi motherboard. It was priced at $300. The reason I was watching it was because it...
  3. Koop

SC846 system gifted to me - A full overview with questions. Replacing DVD drive with SSDs? Ideas for upgrades or keep what I got?

Hello everyone, I was gifted a SC846 chassis with a system ready to go inside. For the chassis itself I was curious if there were a part I could use to replace the DVD drive on the back with SSDs? Through many google searches I found a part, MCP-220-84606-0N, which appears to be just what I am...