Search results

1. D

Graphics card for HP 800 G4 SFF?

What is the max length of a gpu that can fit in this case? I want to add a Tesla P4, they are cheap on ebay and come with a fan attached, but would like to know if it will fit. Here is what the seller image shows - also can it be installed in either of the PCI slots? I know one is only x4.
  2. D

SuperMicro server questions for use as a JBOD DAS?

I have an old server with following hardware - 846E16-R1200B chassis 2x Xeon L5630 cpu LSI 9223-8i dual port 6 controller flashed with 9211-8i firmware in IT mode backplane BPN-SAS2-846EL1 PSU which I replaced with PWS-920P-SQ original fans Unfortunately I wasn't able to use it much due to...
  3. D

SuperMicro SC846 questions

Planning to purchase following server from ebay seller - Chassis: CSE-846E16-R1200B, 24 3.5 bays Motherboard: X9DRi-F Backplane: BPN-SAS2-846EL1 cpu: dual E5-2620 v2 controller card: LSI 9211-4i HBA - Is this a good config or do you suggest any changes? I live in an apartment and have been...
  4. D

Replacing SuperMicro mid-chassis fans

I have a SM 846 chassis with 3 80mm mid chassis fans. I bought Arctic F8 fans to replace the default ones (to reduce noise and power) but seller sent me the wrong ones which were not PWM - now I need to order new fans and looking for suggestions. I can get the F8 PWM again, another option I've...
  5. D

No fan detected in SuperMicro SC846

Chassis is SC846-R1200B. I replaced all 5 fans with Arctic F8 PWM (AFACO-080P0-GBA01). The Arctic fans have a 4pin PWM plug and the fans end up looking like shown in this post - My (near) silent SC847 The fans are all plugged into the MB header and not into the backplane. This is what I...
  6. D

Help with SuperMicro fans - solved

Trying to replace the stock fans in a SC846 chassis. I got the fans out of the housing but can't release the 4 pin connectors. Is the latch supposed to release and how do I do so? I've tried pressing on it from different angles and don't want to break it. What's the way to do this?
  7. D

Passive heatsink for SuperMicro?

I looked at the SuperMicro fan matrix here - Supermicro | Support | System Fan Matrix, the fans are all high airflow. If the motherboard comes with a passive heatsink, will an Arctic F8 be enough? Its pretty low airflow compared to the default ones. The cpu I'm thinking of is L5640, TDP 60W...
  8. D

Question about Hyper-V role in Server 2012

As I understand it, if you enable the Hyper-V role, in effect it virtualizes Server 2012 itself to run on top of Hyper-V. After this, do you still get access to the raw hardware (video, disk APM, SMART etc) or not? Because when using Hyper-V server, things like SMART aren't passed thru by the...
  9. D

FS: SuperMicro SC846-R900B server

This was purchased from ebay, I never had time to set it up and its been sitting unused except for a power on test. chassis: Supermicro | Products | Chassis | 4U| SC846TQ-R900B motherboard: Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Aplus Products | Motherboards | H8DME-2 cpu: AMD 2212HE installed on board...
  10. D

Will this controller and backplane work?

Sorry for asking this, I read the sticky but I'm new to this, just want to confirm. Backplane is BPN-SAS2-846EL. As I understand it has a SAS expander built in so it only needs a single 8087 cable from the HBA card, right? Will either of these HBA's flashed to IT mode work? LSI 9212-4i LSI...
  11. D

Help with SuperMicro chassis

I have the following (purchased from ebay) - chassis: Supermicro | Products | Chassis | 4U| SC846TQ-R900B mobo: Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Aplus Products | Motherboards | H8DME-2 cpu: AMD Opteron 2425 HE controller: 3x Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Accessories | Add-on Cards |...