Search results

1. A

iscsi/pxe boot on Dell Wyse possible?

yeah, those are the only options i can think of right now... thanks for the insights @SloppyDisk
  2. A

iscsi/pxe boot on Dell Wyse possible?

greetings to all, first, i placed the post here as i am torn where to place this question in the first place (hardware?, network? etc?)..., might be the safest here i think!? anyways... upon my random searches on the interwebs..., i stumbled on xcp-ng/xo & a later time w/ Dell Wyse 5070 (will...
  3. A

yet another question for fiber optic networking (1GbE to 10GbE)

thank you klui for your wonderful insights!
  4. A

i won't need MPO, a single fiber strand will do :) you are right, i am aware of it, it is just that i am seeking something like a d.i.y. (as indicated w/ my post) don't worry about the isp, ip & such, i have no issues of it ATM lets just put it this way with your example... i am about to be...
  5. A

greetings to everyone!, i have some question(s) in regards to fiber optic networking... my concern is particularly leaning towards d.i.y-ying the network cables themselves... please note that 'fusion splicer' is out of the question as this device is too expensive... anyways... when it comes to...
  6. A

Need Advise on Network & Hardware

the 'clouded' things that i thought before are starting to clear up now due to the superb of insights given!!! i have solid footing now to go with SFF 'ish builds and attach 10GbE pcie nic(s) on them. thank you all!
  7. A

ah, my apologies... i'm fixated with dark mode things, updated the image..., fixed. so as long as any 2 devices communicates on the same subnet then..., noted. anyways, if in the event i'll have devices communicate on different subnets (but still in my internal network that has not left to the...
  8. A

greetings to all, first, i have a hard time thinking of a proper title name... i have this idea that has been bugging me for a long time... i'm planning to create a home network (fruition might be a problem) below image should provide adequate visuals on my 'networking' question(s) we'll...