Search results

1. Sawtaytoes

Are 25Gb Ethernet adapters not guaranteeing 25Gb?

My applications are SMB and iperf3. I do have MTU 9000 (Linux) and packet of 9014 (Windows). I don't know anything about IRQ mapping, but I did some TCP tweaks in TrueNAS SCALE; although, I can't remember what they were.
  2. Sawtaytoes

I tested with 10 parallel iperf3 streams with -P and saw no difference from non-parallel. What are these system specs for what performance? Both machines are 16-core AMD Zen 3 with the same ConnectX-6 cards running 2x25Gb links on separate networks for SMB Multichannel (not relevant except to...
  3. Sawtaytoes

In that case, should I assume any machine with a 25Gb NIC should be capable of maxing out its `iperf3` tests with another 25Gb NIC?
  4. Sawtaytoes

My bad. I took it for granted that NIC benchmarks probably use iperf3. I first noticed slowness when copying files off the NAS. fio benchmarks are showing over 20GB/s (bytes) read and write with ZFS cache disabled. Testing with iperf3, that's where I saw a discrepancy. I upgraded iperf3 and...
  5. Sawtaytoes

I read this review about the Supermicro AOC-S25G-b2S 25GbE NIC: https://www.servethehome.com/supermicro-aoc-s25g-b2s-25gbe-nic-review/ In there, the final numbers for transfer speeds are well below the limits of 25Gb let alone 50Gb (3.75GB/s is only 30Gb): I was running into some issues...
  6. Sawtaytoes

Relatively new Supermicro JBOD Power Board - CSE-PTJBOD-CB3

I'm having issues logging in as any user not `ADMIN`. Has anyone had this issue before? Looks like my firmware was v1.20. After upgrading it to v1.33, that didn't fix the issue Firmware Source: https://www.supermicro.com/wdl/Firmware/JBOD/CSE-PTJBOD-CB3/
  7. Sawtaytoes

Ah, I have to bridge these two wires for 10 seconds:
  8. Sawtaytoes

I bought one of these and set the admin username and password, but I can't login again. There's no way to use a USB boot key to change the IPMI password, so how would I do it?
  9. Sawtaytoes

Possible to get more 5V amps with 12V to 5V step-down converter?

It's for real! And yeah, 20A like I said: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/accessories/CP-8920275/corsair5v-load-balancer-aca-a-100w-capacity-cp-8920275?srsltid=AfmBOoqn9shTveCzTT-EyvbsjE8ZcRha8UcL0hh3ZVpNhTqS-yKCXY6ICdY That means I can do 1 set of 16 drives for each of these and have enough...
  10. Sawtaytoes

I think I found it! https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/172592-introducing-the-corsair-5v-psu-load-balancer/ Anyone familiar with this product? Looks EXACTLY like what I'm looking for _and_ it has the PCIe connectors to boot! First, I think this product is vaporware, but let's say it does...
  11. Sawtaytoes

I need at least 50A for all these drives. Ideally, 60A or more. It's headroom more than anything. I saw 4 models on Amazon when I was searching, and I was searching for 4 days before posting here...
  12. Sawtaytoes

Thanks! I checked the video, but that converter, like many others, only does 6A. To get a total of 50A, I'd need a bunch of these. That's simply not isn't feasible.
  13. Sawtaytoes

Unless I'm not understanding something, the drives are on a backplane, but SSDs still power via 5V rather than 12V. I've not seen a backplane that does step-down conversion. Every one I've seen takes Molex plugs directly. Here's an example of a Supermicro backplane: Just like my Storinator's...
  14. Sawtaytoes

tl;dr I want to find a way to take the 12V power from a 4-pin Molex plug, bypass the PSU's 5V rail, and step down that 12V into 5V. I don't wanna use the PSU's 5V rail because it only has 250W available, but my 12V rail has 1000W available. I figure I can use the 12V rail somehow myself, but I...
  15. Sawtaytoes

I can't seem to find this board (CSE-PTJBOD-CB3) for sale anywhere. Is it still something you can buy, or you have to get it in a case?
  16. Sawtaytoes

SAS3 HBA Trim Support Without DRAT RZAT Requirement

I'm in the same boat. Found this thread talking about something I wanted to know. I have a bunch of Crucial MX500 drives and never realized their TRIM support doesn't work with LSI controllers until today after I already sunk over $25K into this NAS. I'm wondering if SATA to SAS interposers...