Search results

1. N

Dell VEP/VMWare Edge/Velo Cloud SD-WAN/VeraCloud VEP1400/VEP1400-X firewall units

You're getting closer. You need to copy the image from the USB to the internal eMMC or SATA. You should have access to enough Linux tools in OpenWrt to complete the last step. You'll probably have to modify the GRUB bootloader so that you can use the serial terminal with OpenWrt. Otherwise, use...
  2. N

Dell VEP/VMWare Edge/Velo Cloud SD-WAN/VeraCloud VEP1400/VEP1400-X firewall units

At this point, it's a standard 'bare-metal' x86 install. I remember using a 'live' Finnix USB boot to format and copy the OpenWrt image.
  3. N

Based on other people's responses, I think the 'boot loop' is a possibility but not a guarantee. In my experimentation and trials, I've performed multiple factory resets (hold reset until Factory Reset comes out the console). As a result, I now have a very strict hardware check. The only...
  4. N

Here are the official VMware specs.
  5. N

I think you'll want to insulate the underside of the adapter PCB. I used heatshrink. I did cut some notches with a Dremel tool so that it would lie flat. Otherwise, the adapter will have a slight incline. Be aware that it's only a x1 PCIe connection. I'm not sure what revision. With the latest...
  6. N

Here's the lspci -vv dump. It includes 4 virtual NICs in addition to the base hardware. I have also removed the Wi-Fi module and replaced with an NVMe drive. Here's the find /sys/kernel/iommu_groups/ -type l dump.
  7. N

Is this a managed switch? If so, check your VLAN settings.
  8. N

This would be an Edge 640 model. Things should be easy. You mentioned a laptop. Have you connected the laptop directly to the VEP1445 with compatible network settings? The interface link LEDs come on when you plug in a cable? The interfaces are visible in your OS? Is it possible that you need...
  9. N

I haven't done anything explicit with IOMMU groups. When I type find /sys/kernel/iommu_groups/ -type l there are 29 different groups. If there's some other diagnostic you'd like to see, tell me what to type.
  10. N

The interface in the VM is PCIe passthrough. It's actually an SR-IOV virtual interface with the Proxmox host owning the parent. SR-IOV works like an internal switch which bridges the parent and associated virtual interfaces. I'm not using any Linux/virtual bridges.
  11. N

I have a 680 with 16 cores. The absolute maximum VM-to-host via SR-IOV is 12.4Gbps. That takes 6 cores to saturate. I have not tried with a software bridge. I can get 9.5Gbps (4 core VM) with iperf3 straight through. However, as soon as I introduce any routing, the speed drops to 4.5Gbps...
  12. N

Is this a loopback test or is there an external server involved? Are you concluding that an Edge 620 with 3 allocated cores can't even achieve 50% of line rate? I'm not suggesting that's unrealistic.
  13. N

Brand new Lenovo P32-P20 32in 4K 2160p IPS monitor $225 or less FS US only

It looks like 4K monitors have come down in price since I last checked. This particular model is high-end, but there are other name-brand models in the same price range. You're only going to get 180 days warranty (i.e. not as described) with an eBay seller. I doubt they're an authorized...
  14. N

Can you interpret the results for us. What are the images showing?
  15. N

EXPIRED Supermicro AOC-STGF-I2S PCIe Intel X710 Dual Port 10gb SFP+ Network Card $38.55 OBO

I'm no longer actively searching, so I missed that deal. Back when I was shopping, I didn't realize that SFP28 was backward compatible, so I probably overlooked some newer cards. HP 640sfp28 aka Mellanox4 Lx MCX4121A-ACAT $29 If you need a low-profile bracket, that would be extra expense.
  16. N

EXPIRED Supermicro AOC-STGF-I2S PCIe Intel X710 Dual Port 10gb SFP+ Network Card $38.55 OBO

All 3 cards that I mentioned are PCIe 3.0. I have multiple Dell Precision 3420 with only x4 slot available. I just wanted to experiment with 10Gbps at minimal expense.
  17. N

https://www.ebay.com/itm/145726700753 This came up in the saved search I created several months ago. It may not be a great deal, but it's probably an OK deal. Please do your own research. I ended up purchasing 2x Lenovo 00JY823 (Emulex OCE14102) for $10/each and Mellanox CX312C for $20.
  18. N

The default password is service tag followed by ! Is that what you tried?
  19. N

I would boot a 'live' Linux from USB and delete the existing partitions on the eMMC and/or SSD. You could also install Diag-OS to a second USB. I think the problem is the same I have with every modern OS install. They always seek out existing boot partitions to attach to.