Search results

1. H

Test of UTP/STP cable testers [review sugestion]

Yeah, but that's not something you do for home. Still would be nice if you can see that with any of those budget testers, would be useful, for prosumers or for small projects, just to check. For home use, is a budget socket wrench still better than noting, and you don't need a full Snap-on...
  2. H

Test of UTP/STP cable testers [review sugestion]

Most people don't have money to buy an $700 and up to $12K Fluke (or need), would STH consider testing the more wallet friendly, and maybe also not so friendly options? I found it hard to find good reviews on what unit to buy, and my network mainly have runs for AP's, A/V, IP-cams and Home...
  3. H

SFP+ to QSFP+ switch upgrade, sailing in new waters, need some navigation.

After all the great information I got till now, thanks for that. :) I am thinking of getting the following parts. The NIC Don't need a dual port, so I was thinking of getting this card: MCX313A-BCCT Mellanox ConnectX-3 Pro 40GB Single QSFP+ RDMA Network Card But I am left with the following...
  4. H

PCIe 3.0 x4 tops out at 3500MB with NVMe, think it will be the same for a NIC, that's still 3.5x of SFP+, a compromise I can live with. Yeah it's going in to a x16 slot that's x4 wired. (maybe ..... one day, i can upgrade to a TR or EPYC system ;-) The work PC and the server are standing next...
  5. H

Hi there to all, new to the forum, as the local Dutch forum I go to normally, the Pro network section is housing only crickets nowadays. I got an upgrade for my 8 years old SFP+ ''D-Link SmartPro DGS-1510-28X'', to a new to me, QSFP+ ''MikroTik CRS326-24S+2Q+RM'' switch, for a real nice price...