Search results

1. C

Fujitsu TX1320 M3 - Cheap low power server (barebone)

Had a crazy idea to try to replicate my desktop PC as a VM in the TrueNAS hypervisor. It didn't work out as I had lots of graphical glitches and freezes in the desktop environment in a Debian VM. I was PCI-E passing-through the nVidia P400 GPU and the external Inateck KT4006 USB controller...
  2. C

Been a couple new BIOS versions since my last post in March 2023 https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/fujitsu-tx1320-m3-cheap-low-power-server-barebone.37804/post-385053 Version R1.35, R1.36 and R1.37 have been out for a while. Release notes (yeah, read in print dialog)...
  3. C

@yoggi Don't worry about it, it was just a stupid remark that at the mobo, the power connector starts as yellow black red black (typical SATA order), then turns into yellow black black red (Molex), and when you connect your molex to sata adapter, you're turning the already one swapped yellow...
  4. C

In case anybody missed it, there's a "new" (4 months old at this point) V5.0.0.11 R1.34.0 BIOS version on the Fujitsu website. The one before it - R1.33.0 - was released on 06/07/2022. The newest one was released on 24/03/2023. Read the chanelog entry at the bottom of this post - particularly...
  5. C

Well, I decided to do the case swap. I asked a friend for his 10 year old full ATX tower that was laying around in the basement. I kept the original PSU though. I plan to use it with 2x3.5" drives with a Molex to SATA adapter + maybe a few SATA SSDs for a all-flash data pool in the future. I...
  6. C

Budget is definitely on the lower side of things and 1 Gbps speed will be fine, which is why 3.5" HDDs look so attractive. I'm weirdly stubborn about thinking of shoving 2 3.5" HDDs in there somehow. One 3.5" can indeed fit into the bay where the RDX drive is supposed to be, as da8833 said above...
  7. C

Hello. I bought this unit a month ago and it's my first NAS. I was wondering what is the most optimal storage setup. Currently it's running on 2 hand-me-down SMR laptop drives. I'm running TrueNAS (ZFS) on the unit, but obviously: SMR drives + ZFS = 3 week long resilver times, which is bad...