Search results

1. N

Recommendation for a good and fast iSCSI switch

I need a high performance iSCSI switch of good quality to connect my SAN to my virtualisation servers. Reliability is key here, it must perform good for years and run well in a HA setup. Any recommendation? Would something like CRS518-16XS-2XQ-RM work? It is very cheap compared to fiber...
  2. N

Replacing Dell server

We have been using Dell servers for more then 20 years and we are happy with how they work. However, once in a while it is good to do some benchmarks against competitors. We have around 20 servers running Vmware (nothing that requires specialized hardware, but we are probably going to move to...
  3. N

Watchguard M390 replacement

It is time to replace the firewalls here and we currently run 2 x Watchguard M390 in HA-mode with 2x10 Gbit expansion ports. I am interested in going open source with somethings like pfSense/OPNsense, but what kind of hardware should we buy if we decide to go that route? Need something rack...
  4. N

Smallest Proxmox server possible

I want to build (or buy something pre-built that meet my specifications) but need advice where I can find this. My requirements are: - CPU should be low power but still powerful - Minimum of 64 GB ECC memory - 2 x NVMe - 2 x 2.5" SSD - 2 x NIC (preferable 2.5 gb or 10gb) Not sure if this...
  5. N

M.2 raid controller for ASRock Rack RomeD8-2T

Can anyone recommend a good, decently priced M.2 raid controller that will work for the ASRock Rack RomeD8-2T motherboard and ESXi 7 for my new home lab server?