Search results

1. M

Horaco 2.5GbE Managed Switch (8 x 2.5GbE + 1 10Gb SFP+)

Did you go to Tools > Save > Save after you'd applied the changes you wanted? These work like most enterprise switches, where your changes aren't committed permanently unless you save them. I think it's reasonably likely the appropriate Hasivo firmware will work. My Hasivo and PoePlus 4+1+1 POE...
  2. M

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Other users have reported that 200.15 is fine if your R730 is a Dedicated Master. You should be ok if you directly install the latest 200.15 release. You will have problems if you subsequently upgraded to a newer 200.15 build - both partitions would then have 200.15, so a factory reset would...
  3. M

Hasivo S600W-4GT-1SX-1XGT-SE Switch Review A Unique Use Case

The Chinese language pages of the Hasivo site have firmware and manuals. I linked a few firmware pages here: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/the-most-feature-packed-2-5gbe-and-10gbe-mini-switch-to-date-hasivo-s600wp-4gt-1sx-1xgt-se-review.43425/#post-418272 There's an English...
  4. M

They've released another refresh, 200.15.6.112.54, which claims to fix the roaming issue this time.
  5. M

I was going to write a message telling you to send me your R850, but I remembered the huge box of unnecessary R610s, R650s & R730s cluttering up my office.
  6. M

Yeah, the contrived example in the article relies on long distances. As I said I my first comment, I don't see any roaming difference at home no matter what controller I'm using.
  7. M

According to this old article, the controller will be participating in the roaming (since Unleashed seems to work the same as ZD) so it's theoretically possible I guess? I personally have 1000km between my ZD and its furthest house full of APs. Never noticed slow roaming.
  8. M

I've noticed no difference at all for my PSK/SAE use at home (Unleashed, Unleashed Dedicated Master, ZoneDirector, vSZ).
  9. M

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

Yeah. My bare bones included the SSD heat sink.
  10. M

Where do I find a sturdy cardbox for packaging an ICX 7250-48P (in EU)

I've safely shipped several big Ruckus switches to Europe from NZ & I found the easiest packaging method is to buy a big sheet of insulation polystyrene from a hardware store @ ~€4 for an enormous sheet. You can cut out perfectly sized panels to surround the switch & hold it together with a...
  11. M

GiGaPlus - 8* 2.5G Base-T Ports, 2* 10G SFP+ Ports. (USA?)

If we're outside the US then a lot of products are unavailable. Your deal has free shipping to NZ and a discount voucher, so it's a very good deal - only $10 more expensive than AliExpress. AliExpress makes it very difficult to find the best price for an item, or the fastest shipping vendor. I...
  12. M

GiGaPlus - 8* 2.5G Base-T Ports, 2* 10G SFP+ Ports. (USA?)

Xikestore do one: https://a.aliexpress.com/_ExlQevt $70 inc tax and shipping if you go via the coins page
  13. M

The connection instructions are here:- https://www.florisbrunet.com/blog/recovering-a-ruckus-access-point-using-the-serial-port/ But you don't need to actually do any of the recovery steps Floris mentions - just set the screen buffer to something large then save it to a file for me once...
  14. M

What's the failure you're experiencing? If there's some widespread issue with the patch then I'd like to fix the instructions to handle it, or stop providing instructions. If you have an Unleashed R730 which is still failing then I'd like to get a log of the output from the UART serial header...
  15. M

If you have a few R730s then just buy a ZD1200. A ZoneDirector should cost $50-100 & is very similar to Unleashed. Just don't buy a ZD1200 which is sold "untested" or "as-is" since older ZDs have the CPU fail eventually (with both LEDs stuck on green) & are unrepairable.
  16. M

HP Elitedesk 800 G4 - keeping it cool

You can buy the drive tray fan. e.g. https://a.aliexpress.com/_EwQMMsr Or I've used a block of aluminium screwed onto the top of the case, with a thin thermal pad on top of the nvme chips to make a good connection. Very cheap. But you have to be very careful how you slide the case on. I got...
  17. M

Horaco (ZX-SWTGW2C8F) 8x10G SFP+ Web Managed ~ $100-110

I see there are 4xSFP+ + 4xRJ45 managed switches now: https://a.aliexpress.com/_EHVWe43 Does anyone have experience of what "silent fan" actually means?
  18. M

It can be really bad if you ignore their guidance and use dynamic disk images, and put it on slower disks. I turned on unsafe writeback caching (relying on snapshots if things blow up) and I see the same sort of startup time as you. Initial setup is a shocker though. When the progress dialog...
  19. M

It's been a few months since I wrote the relevant code, but I think there was quite a long history available for most of the charted statistics: the web UI has a small set of timespans but the backend AJAX API lets you choose a start-time & end-time for interval-stats. I'll have a check when I...
  20. M

You select which debug log components should be sent to the syslog server from Admin & Services > Administration > Diagnostics > Debug Info. For perf stuff probably it's easiest to enable SNMP and grab some Unleashed templates for your favourite monitoring platform. I see zabbix mentioned in...