Search results

1. E

How to find performance bottleneck?

Hardware: ASUS P5Q Premium Intel C2Q Q9300 @ 2.5GHz 8GB RAM LSI 9211-8i 4x4TB WD RED 1x500GB WD Blue for VM Datastore I've installed the OmniOS + NappIT VM Appliance on ESXi 5.5 and set up the disks with RDM since my setup doesn't support vt-d. I then created two vdev mirrors under one...
  2. E

HP P411 and LSI SAS2X36 Expander Chip - Compatible?

Hi everyone, How would I find out the compatibility between a HP P411 and the expander from Supermicros 846E16 case? All I can find is that it's using a LSI SAS2X36 chip. HP obviously won't add compatibility with other brands on their lists, they would just give me the HP SAS expander...
  3. E

HP DL360 G7 - Memory configurations

Maybe "Processors and Motherboards" should include Memory as well? This might be a long shot but is anyone familiar with the memory on HP servers? I'm trying to figure out the most optimal design, my requirements are 36GB RAM for now but I want to buy RDIMMS that I can use in the future...
  4. E

'Väderfölne'

Hey everyone, I've been lurking here for a while now and figured it was time to post my first thread. I'm building this workstation (with an odd name for most people :p) for work, so it will be used mostly for programming, R&D, 3D and as a lab computer for new things that I would like to try...