Search results

1. N

Flashing the Cisco CX623106A NIC to OEM firmware

I think you flashed the wrong FW. You flashed CX623106AN, but AS would be correct.
  2. N

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

I don't think you'll have any issues. The rack mount angles are pretty sturdy and you don't really have any leverage when mounting vertically
  3. N

Mellanox SX6036, Rail Kit

Screws are simply UNC 6-32, but as far as I remember with a 100° countersink angle, not the standard 82°
  4. N

Flashing the Cisco CX623106A NIC to OEM firmware

Have you rebooted without the recovery jumper set?
  5. N

Intel E810: Available breakout modes

Yes. All of this is cursed. The absolute majority of Youtubers making a video about Enterprise Hardware at home / in labs have absolutely no clue what they're doing (looking at you LTT, or the other guy rambling about ICX6610) Including this guy. He even shows the STH forum post, but fails to...
  6. N

Intel E810: Available breakout modes

That's a recipe for a disaster. Always. The second cheapest ones on ebay (cheapest ones if you buy more than 5) are the known good Ciscos
  7. N

Mellanox Switches - Tips & Tricks

yeah and then spend hours upgrading through unnecessary releases...
  8. N

FWIW, 3.9.3124 can be downloaded here: https://content.mellanox.com/Software/image-X86_64-3.9.3124.img
  9. N

I‘ll see what I can do once I‘m back home in an hour or so
  10. N

Try to update the 3.9 partition to 3.9.3124, that might work. There are some incompatibilities with ASIC Firmware versions etc…
  11. N

Hm that‘s weird. Can you try letting the 3.9 fully boot and send the output of show asic-version? Interesting - what can Onyx do what Cumulus can‘t?
  12. N

What is the old version? Fun fact: I‘m migrating everything from Onyx to Cumulus. Cumulus rocks
  13. N

Old Cumulus Setups - cumulus-linux-3.7.16-bcm-amd64.bin and cumulus-linux-4.3.0-bcm-amd64.bin

Hey folks, I'm desperately looking for old Cumulus setups - Specifically cumulus-linux-3.7.16-bcm-amd64.bin and cumulus-linux-4.3.0-bcm-amd64.bin (it doesn't have to be the exact version number, and 3.7 and 4.3 is fine, but it MUST be bcm and amd64 - I have mlx-amd64 and bcm-armel, but not...
  14. N

Mellanox SX6012, HP 544+ QSFP+ and 40GBASE-LR4 modules

Did you manage to flash to stock Mellanox Firmware? It‘s possible that the HP firmware has some special locks In any case, I recommend using transceivers with Mellanox OUI programmed. Although people say that Mellanox is not picky when it comes to transceivers / cables, I don‘t agree. yes, for...
  15. N

ASRock Rack EPC621D8A BMC Firmware 01.65.00

Hey, Does anyone have BMC Firmware Version 01.65.00 for ASRock Rack EPC621D8A motherboard and could please share it with me? I have lost the image file and need to upgrade one board. Don't want to wait for the slow ASRock Rack support.... Cheers
  16. N

Mellanox SX6012, HP 544+ QSFP+ and 40GBASE-LR4 modules

try fae cable-stamping-unlock 40g_lr4 on the switch
  17. N

Transceiver Password Collection

...added Innolight TR-FC13T-NAZ
  18. N

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

no it's not, class 4 is 30W, class 8 is 90W, see here for example https://www.skyworksinc.com/-/media/SkyWorks/SL/documents/public/white-papers/understanding-the-ieee-8023bt-poe-standard.pdf or Power over Ethernet - Wikipedia