Search results

1. D

Brocade 1020 CNA 10GbE PCIe Cards

To be honest, the limiting factor is likely to be how quick your disks can shift information to you and the CPU grunt of the device you are using for the NAS. The samba service isn't the best for CPU util (in my opinion) and given that 10Gbps is around 1,250 MB/sec you'd need a bunch of disks...
  2. D

I chased them up with a friendly email to the sales person I got allocated - it shipped the day after that. Might be coincidence but unlikely :) Given the manufacture/flashing date on my modules it was the day after my order so I guess that's also a reason why if they configure them to order.
  3. D

Just don't forget to make sure you're running the most recent firmware on your card when not using a Brocade cable. Though I don't recall seeing HP in the list for the Active cables, so might want to double check with them (of course, it's entirely possible I'm being blind). I've not tested the...
  4. D

Sounds more like it's the HP at fault as the Intel's don't care about vendor of the item - I don't have a HP here that I can test that on though. It seems a tad strange for them to say what they did to you, as in the datasheet [PDF-750KB] it states the following; Also if you look at the FAQ's...
  5. D

Guessing they require them to be HP branded? Looks like the other things you have in there are. Just a guess though. As a side note, this is why I decided not to use the twinax and used transceivers instead as I can pick/choose each end to be "compatible".
  6. D

If you find the genuine ones expensive the ones I got from Fibrestore work fine for me (thanks to the pointer from someone else in the thread) - they are guaranteed by Fibrestore as well to work - and are US$25 each + shipping. Link direct to the items if you'd rather not look over my past post :)
  7. D

Sure, a couple of pages back in this thread they did. Can you post what you were using as the command, the settings you have (e.g. MTU), hardware, etc.
  8. D

I can confirm those do work. Here is a screenshot from the Host Connectivity Manager tool (running on Server 2012, though shouldn't make a difference for support). I've got link up on both the SFP+ modules installed on that server, though given that my other server is sulking I don't have any...
  9. D

Shared nothing or shared storage migration? As far as I recall the last part it copies in a shared nothing is the memory, it will be able to max out the connection copying from memory where as the disk copy is limited and you'll end up with a graph like yours.
  10. D

I've a couple of them turning up next week along with the cards, so I can test and let you know if you still need the information. @MiniKnight Unfortunately I can't test connectivity (the SPF+/LC cables haven't been delivered yet), but it's detected on a clean install without issue on CentOS 7...