Search results

1. Z

[FS][US-NJ] RAM Modules , NVIDIA A100 GPU, Intel Consumer CPUs

Dimms came on time, well packed and working! Thanks @Hazily2019
  2. Z

$250: Intel NUC 9 Pro Compute Element - NUC9VXQNB

I believe the lower tdp celeron models need the pcie slots for power, not the higher tdp models.
  3. Z

Never bothered to check STH for a write up. This is great !
  4. Z

$50: 1.9TB Micron 9200 Pro with Adapter

Airflow is rated at 450 LFM at 25°C ambient. In order words, you will need those screaming fans.
  5. Z

Yes. I'm not sure exactly how the pcie interface communicates with the other pcie slots but it seems reasonable to think there might be a pcie switch on that board that makes it work. Maybe that's why there appears to be power for the board. edit: looks like there a m.2 slot on there too.
  6. Z

I could be wrong but I believe this is powered with a 4+4 pin cable. The coolmaster nc100 has nothing special. The only think I noted was a 10 pin power cable but the compute unit has a 8 pin visible. The benefit of buying the special chassis would be for use of the additional pcie lanes to...
  7. Z

[US-NJ][WTB] 1U (or larger) rack mounted appliance to use as a firewall for OPNSense. Fanless + low power ideal

I've seen some 3.84TB SATA drives recently at around the same price too. While these prices aren't great, they're still much better than a couple months back.
  8. Z

SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco 1.92TB 2.5" SATA $120

Has anyone experienced an issue where if the temperature exceeds the threshold the drive reports as failing smart, even when rebooted and temperature is back to normal?
  9. Z

EXPIRED Intel 8x2.5" NVMe backplane - $50

This may be interchangeable with the older Intel SATA/SAS drive bays, providing for a nice upgrade !
  10. Z

ECC memory and official software support (if you need it of course).
  11. Z

My appeal was simply the price of getting an e-2286 together with a package. However, to my mind, these nucs share some ancestry with the xeon v5 counterparts that targeted the broadcasting sector some years ago. I haven't seen the e-2286G counterpart for less than $250. Here's a comparison...
  12. Z

That's bonkers!
  13. Z

https://www.amazon.com/Intel-NUC-Compute-Element-2286M/dp/B089G9R29P
  14. Z

[FS][US-NJ] RAM Modules , NVIDIA A100 GPU, Intel Consumer CPUs

Sorry, I didn't get a reply. Should I PM again?
  15. Z

Usually this is not the case. The emails come instantaneously. Lately, I've noticed a delay as well with the emails. To the extent where numerous emails over a period of time are then flushed out of STH's email server at the same time. I wonder if @Patrick is aware of the email issue?
  16. Z

I've also sent deals privately to persons who had a WTB request and I try to post on weekends as well....just to ensure that members of the community really get these deals.
  17. Z

S Sign up for email alerts. It's impossible to stay untop otherwise.
  18. Z

https://www.ebay.com/itm/276395195142?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=ZVemhWABR9O&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=3VzoJpxGTdG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
  19. Z

New Home Server Build : X11SRM-F + Xeon W-2135

You should look into getting the VF model for the 4 X nvme occulink ports. Also, you can get the Mac w-21xxB CPUs at better prices than the regular w-21xx. I can confirm that they work on this MB (picked up a w-2191B). Finally, w-22xx prices are still too high now but bear in mind the...