Search results

1. 0

Does FDE/SED/SafeStore work with Samsung 840 Pro and M1015?

I posted this to someone with a similar question on WHT:
  2. 0

Samsung 840 and 840 pro still not LSI megaraid compatible

It's as mrkrad said, in the past the Samsung 840 Pro used to be listed in the compatibility matrix, and then was removed after issues arose. I find it more likely that the representative wasn't up to speed, and that the removal he/she references is the old one and not an upcoming removal. At...
  3. 0

Should be sticky: Samsung 840 and 840 pro are not LSI megaraid compatible

You're right, my head skipped over the 16 in your firmware revision number. Can you check if the disk cache is currently enabled? You can do so by running MegaCli -LDGetProp -DskCache -Lall -aALL
  4. 0

Update your 9271-4i to the latest firmware (23.12.0-0013), and you should be fine. Make sure that there's adequate airflow across the LSI card's heatsink (at least 200 LFPM as per spec). Temps can be outrageously high without them; I've gotten as high as 94C idle with bad placement, and the...
  5. 0

Latest firmware resolves issue Updated 6x 840 Pros and LSI 9271-8iCC with latest firmware. Disk cache can now be enabled. Performance during the previously mentioned IOMeter test was stable at ~100,000 IOPS.
  6. 0

Anyone with 4 x Samsung 840 PRO's on RAID5 with LSI Card?

It seems as though the 4kQD32 write throughputs of both of your setups are lower than what they ought to be. This may be due to the controller not enabling the disk cache of your 840 Pros, as many have found that not doing so cuts performance drastically and possibly hinders garbage...
  7. 0

There's another thread on WebHostingTalk with a lot of responses if you want to look there: Issues with 840 Pros for CacheCade? - Web Hosting Talk Do you remember the name of that forum? I'm trying to document the issue, any source material would be of help. With the disk cache enabled...
  8. 0

FINAL UPDATE Just disabled disk cache, ran IOMeter tests again. Not a single disk error. Which is a shame too, considering it docked random 4k write QD32 by more than 90% to ~40MB/s and reduced IOMeter results to 13,420 IOPS. Looks like all we can do is wait for LSI to release new firmware.
  9. 0

UPDATE Flashing latest HBA firmware didn't fix the problem, the error still occurred running the same IOMeter test at the same settings. CrystalDiskMark benches were noticeably higher though for 4k QD32, so the newer firmware did something for performance. It's VERY similar to the event...
  10. 0

There are a few events that occurred repeatedly. Label them as follows. Event #1: Class: Warning Locale: Physical Drive Device ID: 0xa CDB Length: 16 CDB Data: ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff Sense Length: 0 Sense Data: 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0...
  11. 0

WebHostingTalk member here. Thanks for the advice, I just tried the following: 1) Ran MegaSCU -adpsettings -write -f mfc.ini -a0 2) Edited the mfc.ini file, setting "blockSSDWriteCacheChange" to 0 instead of 1. 3) Ran MegaSCU -adpsettings -read -f mfc.ini -a0 4) Rebooted 5) Disk cache...