Search results

1. s0lid

Inventec B601GA2. Cheap Dual 2011-3 with OCP slots

Pretty cheap dual LGA2011-3 boards on ebay right now if you don't mind introducing your chassis with angle grinder due to OCP slot (assuming it'll be used). There's no onboard nic and that single ethernet connector is for IPMI/BMC. SAS connectors seem to be for SATA connectivity. Received...
  2. s0lid

Gentoo router how-to, any takers?

I've been thinking of replacing my current debian router with gentoo router and while I'm doing it I might as well document all of it. Gentoo install script, firewall rules generated by ferm, kernel configs, bird config, various /etc/ configs, scripts and fail proofing scripts for the the router...
  3. s0lid

How do you document your dns, IP, subnet and vlan allocations?

Just wanting to know what you've found to be the best tools for this and while i'm at it announce how i've done it. I've began to use confluence with 10-user starter license (self-hosted costs 10usd/y) for documentation and rather simple python script to pull dns names and IP from the...
  4. s0lid

DL160 G6 hot-swap psu's lenght

I've got a little tinkering project in mind and I'm sourcing PSU for it. Since pretty recent 1U PSU's are cheap as dirt and usually 80 Gold/Platinum rated I set my eyes on DL160 G6's 750W PSU. ATX is way too large and SFX psu's are crap in quality. If somebody has a idle DL160 with hotswap psu...
  5. s0lid

WTB: 2 C6100 blank sleds.

I think the title says it all. Retiring my C6100 from the homelab, but I need unmutilated sleds so I can put the forced air cooling setup back.
  6. s0lid

I normally do this on sundays

New lid for the IBM G8000 More pictures later.
  7. s0lid

Ramdisk virtualization madness. [Debian/KVM/VGA passthrough]

I had this idea while back when I read about VGA passthrough on Xen, "What if I installed a Windows VM on a Ramdisk and passed through a decent VGA into it." Sadly at the time I did not have enough ram on any of my servers to do that, but now I do as I quite recently bought a Dell R710 with...
  8. s0lid

Forum for linux virtualization?

We already got forums for commercial virtualization solutions such as VMware/Virtualbox/Citrix and Windows Server/Hyper-V. There should be 3rd forum for Linux kernel enabled virtualization such as KVM/XEN.
  9. s0lid

WTB: C6100 Mezzanine bridge card.

I'm amazed I couldn't find reasonably priced one from ebay :confused: I would need one for certain... project. So if you got one lying around, pm me :)
  10. s0lid

My Lian Li A06 C6100 Build

Quick 2 photos from my wip c6100 workstation build. I'll edit in more info when I'm done today, Enjoy. Edit, info etc: Quick fun little project for the holidays :D Had free chassis, mobo and cpu, so why the hell not? Only thing i've paid for this project are: PSU, PSU backplane, molex minifit...
  11. s0lid

WTB: C6100 LSI1068E Mezzanine card, Pci-e LSI1068E HBA and mezzanine connector board.

This is for the C6100 Mezzanine port pinout project so damaged goods are useful, cheaper the better. Won't probably even attempt to resolder the LSI1068E chips back after I'm finished with poking the pinout. Offers to this thread or PM.
  12. s0lid

C6100 xs23-ty3 Node workstation (pinouts etc)

Made this thread for those who are looking into running a C6100 xs23-ty3 node outside the rack chassis. I also might do one as I've extra node and LiLi PC-A06B chassis I could use for it :p HOW TO PROPERLY CONNECT C6100 NODE TO ATX PSU Pinouts: (I'll add pictures later for power and Front...
  13. s0lid

Let's watercool a 42U Rack and some servers

The plan would be plain and simple: Watercool 2 C6100 nodes, my 2U fileserver and my main pc. Goals: Shared watercooling with 2 9x120mm rads, yes 2 Phobya 1080mm's. Mounted with custom made aluminium brackets, 9U high. 6mm thick stuff :P Going to need manage water distribution somehow. Custom...
  14. s0lid

DIY IB switch possible?

Story short: Is it possible to use Linux/*Nix machine as IB switch? I'd like to have IB connectivity inbetween 4 machines. 2 Of em being ESXi Nodes, SAN/NAS and my PC. SAN/NAS should me more than capable for little IB switching if there's software around for it. If not... Looks like i...
  15. s0lid

ipsec + xl2tpd multiple network vpn server possible?

Somehow I got this vague memory that it's possible tunnel multiple networks with each having their own accounts and passwords from single server instance of ipsec + xl2tpd, but I cannot find any documentation about this. Has anyone done this or heard of this being done? The VPN itself works...
  16. s0lid

On ebay: Quanta 48p GbE + 2x 10GbE L3 switch @ 289USD

Pretty much as title it says: HP Brocade Open Source LB4M 48 Port Gigabit Switch Dual SFP 10GB Ports | eBay There's also these sale in Germany @ 299€, which is about the same price for european buyer considering the shipping and import fees. QSSC-LB400GR 48 Port 10/100/1000 Mbit/s L2/L3 Switch...
  17. s0lid

New toy for SAN networking at home

Got me a Brocade Silkworm 200e 16 port 4/2/1Gbps FC switch for 80EUR including port license up to 12 ports, 12x 4Gbps FC gbic and shipping. Steal I say! Indeed a nice add since I'm running couple QLE246x cards already host-2-host. Ought to love one feature about this switch: I just doesn't...
  18. s0lid

Can somebody send me a private message...

Because i think private messaging is broken on my part. I've sent handful of PMs but haven't got any replies to em for awhile.