Worth getting?

Notice: Page may contain affiliate links for which we may earn a small commission through services like Amazon Affiliates or Skimlinks.

smccloud

Jun 4, 2013
From what I can tell, these appear to be WD RE4 drives. Does anyone else see anything about them that makes them think they aren't? I am in desperate need of new NAS HDDs and 2-3 of these would be a great start. I plan on stress testing any HDD I get to make sure it won't die shortly after putting it in place. Also planning on putting them in my N40L running Xpenology.

Jeggs101

Dec 29, 2010
From what I can tell, these appear to be WD RE4 drives. Does anyone else see anything about them that makes them think they aren't? I am in desperate need of new NAS HDDs and 2-3 of these would be a great start. I plan on stress testing any HDD I get to make sure it won't die shortly after putting it in place. Also planning on putting them in my N40L running Xpenology.
I'm not clicking on that link going to smccloud.com. Why are you redirecting links? Takes two extra hops. No offense but nobody wants to go through your server.

bds1904

Aug 30, 2013
Last time I ordered them mine was countered at 57.95 per drive for 5 drive. My offer was 55.95, list price was 59.95.

Chuckleb

Mar 5, 2013
Minnesota
Yeah sometimes they don't bother to counter. The first time they countered for me, next time they didn't. But the price was fair enough so I paid.

smccloud

Jun 4, 2013
I just want to get the drives as cheap as possible so I can roll the extra money into a fun for a new mountain bike (since I'm selling my Jeep and going to commute by bike only).

smccloud

Jun 4, 2013
Got the drives today. One is perfect so far, the other has an ATA Error Count of 11746 according to SMART :eek:

Not so happy about that one. According to SMART data, it has been powered on for 15247 hours (635 days + 7 hours). Not exactly a "new drive" but I knew going in that they probably aren't truely new.