tsteine's latest activity

• T
    tsteine replied to the thread e810-CQDA2 woes..
    @NaCl Then I'm sorry to say I'm drawing a blank, might be a built in safety against cross flashing by intel. I've only had to do this...
  • T
    @NaCl Hmm. might be some specific code that cant be overridden in config, but if you want to yolo this, i would try this with the first...
  • T
    @NaCl on the topic of forcing an upgrade though, this is the process: in the folder you extracted the firmware updater to, find the...
  • T
    @NaCl Are you completely sure these are genuine cards? or possibly some OEM variant? The naming looks completely off to me. My...
  • T
    A lot to unpack here... I'll start with your 3 goals. 1. Segregate devices into 3 VLANs: Main Devices (TVs, PCs, phones, server), IoT...
  • T
    tsteine replied to the thread Synology DS1821+ SFP Networking.
    I've had a mellanox connectx-3 40gbe adapter in my DS 1821+, they work fine, and runs the same driver as the 10GBE variant, though I...
  • T
    tsteine reacted to zachj's post in the thread Tiered storage sizing recommendations with Like Like.
    I for one think you’re barking up the wrong tree looking at true tiered storage at all for only 15tb. hardware is a lot cheaper than...