Recent content by SloppyDisk

1. S

WD Elements 20TB

I concur, although I did give in for the $200 18TB seagates directly from them… wish I got more!!
  2. S

iscsi/pxe boot on Dell Wyse possible?

If there is a bios option (personally, I don't get any new enough T/Cs in my line of work) then in theory it should work. Willing to bet someone on here knows! Looks like it may have to be enabled, Dell states there are three options for the internal NIC, Disabled, Enabled, Enabled w/PXE...
  3. S

Can´t initialize 3.84TB sas drives

Hey, any update on what the problem was? Still trying to figure out my own Toshiba Drives. Thanks a ton.
  4. S

Hearing protection for servers

Last time I was on site at a seriously loud (I think 85+ db, one of the loudest I’ve worked at) COLO I stole some 3M ‘ear defenders’, and I have to say they fit nice and work well. Was not able to try the Bluetooth headphone part because they were dead. Would buy if I was still doing a ton of...
  5. S

I got another batch of these again, yet again poor health. Only 77% for the entire lot. I miss the 1.6TB HGST drives, those were tanks, still at 93% after multiple PBW. Hope you figured this out!
  6. S

I did have issues seeing some Toshiba PX04 12G SAS3 SSDs in an R330 (13th gen dell). PERC H330 card would see it in the BIOS but would not pass through to any linux os. My best guess was the Hitachi firmware?? potentially on the disks. They were some really low health (~60% or less) SSDs that I...
  7. S

Canada FS: Juniper SRX300

Sold one of these earlier last year. Good price, nice little switch! GLWS!
  8. S

[WTB] US - MA Synology RX415 DX517 Any 6Gb/s E-SATA Synology Enclosure

Is it SATA 6Gb/s or SATA 3Gb/s @Samir? Thanks!
  9. S

Wholesaler for used servers?

@tjk Please see PM with follow-up. Thanks!
  10. S

My team has asked for photos of both sides of the 64GB DIMMs, if you have them and could add them to the library that would be great! Thanks!
  11. S

[WTB] US - MA Synology RX415 DX517 Any 6Gb/s E-SATA Synology Enclosure

Hi All! Looking to expand my Synology's drive capacity. Looking for a DX517 Ideally, but will take E-SATA rackmount units (Such as an RX415) as well for the right price. (They can supposedly work with a driver tweak). Let me know what you've got and what you want for it! Thanks everyone...
  12. S

@tjk I work for a small company out of New England that just does this stuff. I would need an inventory sheet to get a pickup. Turn around is usually a lot quicker than the big guys - that's our best point! And I know we offer good buyout prices & timelines. Those look like nice systems too...
  13. S

[FS] [US-MA] NetApp DS 4246 & DS 4243 Disk Shelves 24x4TB SAS (96TB Total)

Price Drop for Shipped! Shipping is $65 anywhere in the lower 48 USA to a normal address. Multiples will be shipped freight. Local Pickup Price Drop! $500 Cash Money$$$ Hand Over 5 Benjis and It's yours to keep. I keep the Benjis though. Free QSFP Cable included in all orders. $245 + 50...
  14. S

HGST HUSMM1616ASS201 Shows as SAS 6Gbps after changing values in Niagara for 12Gbps (**** EMC)

Hey everyone, I've been having issues with these stupid HGST 1.6TB SSDs HGST HUSMM1616ASS201 Shows as SAS 6Gbps, when the datasheet reports the drive family as 12G SAS. It does have an EMC part number, so I'm assuming the firmware is choking/ rate-limiting the disk? I followed the Niagara 4.3...
  15. S

Bounty - FREE DISKS if you can figure it out. Struggling with these Toshiba PX02SMU080 800GB SAS SED SSDs

No updates yet, currently flashing some other disks in my bench machine. Will see if I can attempt this week.