sko's latest activity

• S
    FS offers to reflash their transceivers. Just write your sales rep or their general support. However, for small quantities of...
  • S
    FS also offers them encoded for intel
  • S
    Use transceivers for intel. Intel has always been picky about what transceivers they support. Also I'm not sure if the Atom integrated...
  • S
    sko replied to the thread TeamViewer alternative.
    Apache Guacamole is what I'd use today: Apache Guacamole™ However, when we had to choose a solution a few years ago Anydesk was the...
  • S
    That's not a SATA port, it's PCIe x2
  • S
    I also can't understand this on *all* those network appliances. But as you said: this decision is probably made by the same clown that...
  • S
    that's simply FUD. True, IOS will give a warning about an unsupported transceiver and older versions even disabled the port, but you can...
  • S
    used hardware prices in europe are a farce anyways. There is a lot of used stuff on ebay sold *above* list price; just search for...
  • S
    I suspect the unit won't boot because of too much load on the SFP+ ports. The SFP+ specification allows for either <1W (type 1) or <1.5W...
  • S
    sko replied to the thread SmartOS.
    again: smartOS is a hypervisor distribution. if you want a fileserver, run it in a zone. The triton stack offers web-GUI for management...
  • S
    sko replied to the thread BMC Reset Default Password.
    credentials don't change from upgrading the BMC on supermicro. only if you checked everything that can be cleared during an update...
  • S
    then smartOS is the wrong tool for your job. it is an *immutable* image, i.e. you keep it 'as is' apart from its main config file for...
  • S
    smartOS is basically a hypervisor. you *do not want* to run anything directly on the hypervisor, let alone SMB... Just create a zone...
  • S
    sko replied to the thread Best SFP+ 10 Gbps Card?.
    just to be clear: are we talking about server hardware or desktop/gaming crap here?
  • S
    sko replied to the thread Best SFP+ 10 Gbps Card?.
    The X520 are PCIe 2.0; so of course they need 4 lanes for full bandwidth. X710 is PCIe 3.0 but the specs clearly say it's an x4 card, so...