Recent content by ruffy91

1. R

EU Switzerland: 32GB Optane for 19 CHF

Steg/Techmania/PCP is selling off 32GB Optane M.2 Intel Optane M.2 2280 - 32GB - Bulk online kaufen oder in 15 Filialen abholen | STEG-Electronics.ch
  2. R

LSI WarpDrive Sun Oracle F80 800GB PCI-E SSD $95 FS

Are you on vSphere/vSAN 6.7? Which driver version are you using? I would love to get them working.
  3. R

LSI WarpDrive Sun Oracle F80 800GB PCI-E SSD $95 FS

Just FYI these drives do NOT work with VSAN as VSAN requires 512 or 4k physical sector size and these are 8k. VSAN won't write anything to these SSDs.
  4. R

NVidia Tesla M60 Drivers (GRID 2.0)

You can find them freely available on the nvidia page: NVIDIA DRIVERS Tesla Driver for Windows. Only thing you have to do is change to the correct mode ("graphic" or "computing") with gpumodeswitch.
  5. R

A silly Question, is there a better alternative to pfsense for home use?

If you like pfsense as software but not the community have a look on the OPNSense fork. I use it since a year everywhere where I used pfsense before and am very happy with it. Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk
  6. R

Connectx-3 EN CX314A-BCBT 40/56 GbE for USD19

On mine the sheet metal latches were bent or broken. Someone janked out DACs without pulling the release levers -.-. I 3d-printed replacements.
  7. R

Rackmount 2U UPS recommendations

If you only have 1-2 minutes of runtime you have to shutdown your stack every time power drops. Also you would have to wait 3-4 hours until the batteries are recharged before powering on again, because there could be a 2nd drop. Better go for about 5x the time you need to shutdown.
  8. R

More SSD deals...

Found in "more like this" Sandisk Cloudspeed 2TB 490$ NEW 1.92TB SanDisk CloudSpeed Eco Gen II 2.5" Read-Intensive Enterprise SATA SSD | eBay
  9. R

1.6 Million IOPS < 2000$

Achieves 17GB/s read and 10GB/s write using 8x8 port SAS2. (With 80FMODs, this beast has 96!) Sun Storage F5100 Flash Array with PCI-Express SAS-2 HBAs Achieves Over 17 GB/sec Read Theres also a 2nd one on ebay with only 20 FMODs, which would be ideal as spare parts (599$).
  10. R

1.6 Million IOPS < 2000$

SUN F5100 with 96x24GB SLC SSD. The bigger cousin of the Oracle F40. 1.600.000 IOPS Read 1.200.000 IOPS Write ~2.4TB Capacity Only 1 available. Have Fun and please share some benchmarks! Sun Storage F5100 2TB SAS Flash Array 96 x 24GB 371-4095-05 TESTED w/WARRANTY! | eBay
  11. R

Intel Optane 900p SSD Released in AIC and U.2 Form Factors

Best price in switzerland is about 670$ for the 280GB and not even in stock. :-(
  12. R

Bitten by DL380 noise again

You can use a HP P420 Controller. The problem is, that the drive temperature is read wrong by the P410i and the fans spin up to 100%. This shouldn't happen with a P420 and it will also be a reasonable upgrade (P420 can be set to passthrough/JBOD if you use ZFS or similar)
  13. R

1st time FreeNAS user needs help with "Failed to wipe da0: dd: /dev/da0: Invalid argument"

Yes. The bootloader (xpenology) is. But you are booting the DSM software image of a ds3615xs or similar (the .pat file) which is not!
  14. R

1st time FreeNAS user needs help with "Failed to wipe da0: dd: /dev/da0: Invalid argument"

You can't be serious giving stolen software (xpenology) to your customers? Synology doesn't sell licenses, you have to buy their hardware.
  15. R

Which quad E7 systems will boot faster?

Google has your ass with coreboot-NERF and u-root. With their fully open-source replacement of the UEFI they brought down the boot time of a winterfell node (OCP WiWynn) from 7 minutes to 20s. They already have 4 motherboards supported (unfortunately I couldn't find out which). Also removes...