Recent content by RedRover72

1. R

DIY enclosure question

Not sure if you're asking about the Rosewill case, or the SM826. You typically need a 4U case to fit a full size ATX PSU, although I also have a 3U case where the PSU mounts in the front of the case instead. I had a AX1200i in my RW4500, that I just killed from being stupid. Going to put in my...
  2. R

DIY enclosure question

I need to rearrange stuff in that case after my power supply died. I guess it didn't like 96A on the 5V rail. It died pretty quick, oops. I probably should have thought about that beforehand. Luckily it didn't take anything with it. Now I have to figure out how to stuff 6 of those 5V load...
  3. R

DIY enclosure question

There are activity and fail lights on mine. If you have caddies with the light tubes, you could see that info from the chassis.
  4. R

Unlocking Any Brand SFP modules on Intel X710

Does it need to be a genuine Intel card, or can it be one of the thousands of Dell or Lenovo rebranded Intel cards available on the bay.
  5. R

DIY enclosure question

I saw that, too. Weird little board. But, it would still be faster than backing up to the Synology at 1Gbps.
  6. R

DIY enclosure question

Oh, good find!
  7. R

DIY enclosure question

Not a terrible idea, if I could find one cheap enough, just in case I screw up the unsoldering job.
  8. R

DIY enclosure question

Yes, the SATA733’s are super cheap, around $15, so I’m getting one just to play around with it. Unfortunately, the 826 backplanes wouldn’t quite work because of the drive orientation; I wouldn’t get enough airflow. I could use a backplane that had the drives all lined up in a vertical stack...
  9. R

DIY enclosure question

I sifted through the google machine and can’t seem to find an answer to this question, so I thought I’d just ask here since I find myself finding the answers here most of the time anyway. I have one of the Rosewill 4000 series cases and have filled up all 9 5.25 bays with small, cheap...
  10. R

Minisforum MS-01 PCIe Card and RAM Compatibility Thread

It would be a perfect all-in-one edge device if it could do NAS duty, too. But, I’m dubious about their claims of TB3 capability. I’m using an 8-bay OWC DAS now; this would be perfect to take on the DAS and make it a NAS instead. I know this thread is about expansion cards, but if someone could...