Recent content by Rand__

1. R

EU EU - STH Perpetual Freebies Thread

Yo @Sable, pick that up and send me some of those;)
  2. R

EU WTB Intel Xeon FCLGA4189

Got a single 4314 if that helps;) But I assume you'll be looking for pairs first.
  3. R

2U Short JBOD Disk shelf - SAS3

https://www.ebay.com/itm/372681535872
  4. R

How to bridge Infiniband and Ethernet utilizing a Homebrew router

Is there a reason not to get a MLX switch thats intended to be a gateway between IB and ETH? A SX6036G, or a SX6036/SX6018/SX6012 with... liberated Gateway license, or a converted EMC one? Lots of threads for these here I mean I have no clue what the cost is for these atm but they used to be...
  5. R

EU [FS]Threadripper 3970X + motherboard 999,- 32GB 2666v UDIMM Supermicro CSE-826 2u barebones

Now u come with these when I just bought some 3200s. O/c those are a nice fit for my 1290p... hmmm
  6. R

Intel P4510 vs P4610

Just to mention it, I've had drop P4610's out of a vsan array many times due to thermal issues. Usually when they are under load, but not all the time. But then, I cramped them with a P4800x in a tight space (2x2x6 inch or so) with only modest airflow (4x2,5" bay of Fujitsu TX1320), so I am not...
  7. R

X12SPL-F IPMI hangs after login (was: AOC-SLG4-2E4T not working)

Lol, right as always. It works fine in IE, didnt in FF/Chrome. O/c it worked before in FF, so whatever they changed with the new FW seems to get blocked. So now I only need to get these unruly AOCs to work. :/ Edit: Exactly this problem here...
  8. R

X12SPL-F IPMI hangs after login (was: AOC-SLG4-2E4T not working)

Hi, got that board and have some trouble with it working with a pair of AOC-SLG4-2E4T's I have. The AOC's manual said to set some Bios options I didnt have so I went along and updated the Bios and the BMC FW. I still don't have the Bios option but in addition to that I now have a problem with...
  9. R

Mellanox sx6036 firmware upgrade

You probably need to install a bunch of intermediate versions, there should be a list here somewhere.
  10. R

Great Deals - expired deals on-going discussion

Option3: Thread openers could properly mark their deals as "Expired" ?:)
  11. R

UK FS : Supermicro frankenstein / unicorn machines to make space

There's some nice gear in there. Too bad that shipping will be prohibitive, but I am sure you'll find enough UK folks to pick you clean :) Good luck.
  12. R

EUR 40 Super Micro 4-Port 10GBE SFP+ NIC

Seller also has a lot of other nice items, like PWS-920P-SQs €25 or Gigabyte Epyc Servers 7002 (€750). Located in France.