Recent content by pete_c

1. P

IBM M1015 Experiences

Thank you mobilenvidia. I can now see the LSL configuration. I have enough space/SATA ports in the case now to add SSD drives to the mix.
  2. P

IBM M1015 Experiences

mobilenvidia, I haven't posted in a while and have finished building my base Asus E35 / M1015 cross flashed to IR mode and it is working. Only issue is that I cannot get to the set up page on the M1015. I saw it once. Is there some other key combo to get to the setup page? Or should...
  3. P

IBM M5015 experiences

Anyone redo the cooling of the IBM M1015 yet? I'm looking to add or modify it a bit for the new NAS box that I am building as it just barely clears the top of the case. It does get pretty warm.
  4. P

Did I brick my IBM M1015?

Will PM Patrick.
  5. P

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=152350 Its very generic from a company in China. Here is a link to my documenting the build. I'm still working on it and am documenting the build on an online magazine as well. I think it was referred to by the CS as an M800. He told me that it...
  6. P

Thank-you Mobilevidia for your support and help and a great forum!
  7. P

Mobilevidia, As I am writing an article on building this NAS box with mentioned Asus motherboard decided a few minutes ago to update the BIOS on the motherboad. It worked! I can now see the updated (?) IBM M1015 PCie card. Here is the motherboard link...
  8. P

Thanks Mobilevidia. Yup tried that yesterday. I'm still getting used to this Asus very graphical / with many pictures Bios. Never seen anything like it before. Here's an Amazon link to it. http://www.amazon.com/Asus-Dual-Core-Fusion-Motherboard-E35M1-I/dp/B004ZMGVUM Here's a...
  9. P

Thank-you mobilenvidia. I was reading and mostly saw that its better to utilize the card in a server style motherboard. The only PCIe function present in the Foxconn bios is that to force PCIe at the 1X speed. I am headed towards building a new NAS box; documenting the whole build on...
  10. P

Thank you mobilenvidia. This is what I see running in DOS with the card plugged into the Foxconn intel motherboard. MegaRec -adpList I see the same for: Megarec -cleanflash 0 BTW - when I plug the card into the Asus E-350 one LED blinks and the E-350 doesn't post. The card /...
  11. P

Thank you mobilenvidia. I typed all the SAS Address letters in capitals as was on the sticker on the card. Its a Foxconn G31MXP Intel chipset motherboard. Booting the box into windows to see what happens. Its destined though to be a FreeNAS box. (hence the FW change).
  12. P

I finished the write of the "serial number". I was at a DOS prompt and waited a bit after. Powered down the computer. Its a Foxconn Intel with a 16x PCIe 2.0 slot. I gave up on the Asus E-350 when I saw the Pal thing. The card though was recognized just fine with the old firmware on...
  13. P

Great forum guys! Started initially using an Asus E-350 to update the firmware. I saw the "pal" error so I went to another motherboard (Intel). I did the step by step processs as documented here. Everything looked great until I rebooted. I noticed on reboot that non of the LEDs are...