Recent content by minddragon

1. M

Brocade 1020 CNA 10GbE PCIe Cards

On the server iperf -s, on the client iperf -c (ip) -i 1
  2. M

I checked in the HCM, it reports that it is in PCIe 8x and Gen 2 mode on both machines.
  3. M

So I got the Fiber cables in today. Still getting 2gbps on iperf. Is it possible that I have one or more bad cards?
  4. M

If ordering from FiberStore, be advised your order may not ship that same or next day. In my case, they will not ship my order for 7 days after I placed the original order...Ugh.
  5. M

Brocade Manual Link: Check page 9 for GBIC options, Page 118 for cabling discussion (Mentions OM1, OM2, OM3, Twinax) Brocade Interoperability Chart: Check page 2 (zoom in) for part number discussion on Cables and GBIC's. This chart also includes EMC / Cisco part numbers. Also it lists OS's...
  6. M

So I RTFM for the Brocade 1020. The "1020-1010" ships with Twinax GBICs, the "1020-0010" ships with Fiber GBICs. As usual, QLogic support is trying to scare people away.
  7. M

I learned a few tips / tricks when contacting QLogic (they don't offer any advice / support for Brocade devices anymore) ... Also they no longer support OS's that are not on their list of supported devices anymore. You may have to boot from a Live CD to do this (or just install a linux OS on a...
  8. M

Humm. Well it seems Twinax doesn't work so good. I got a twinax cable from Ebay and only getting 3gbps on a good day. I'm now getting those Fiber transceivers / cables from Fiberstore (link above). Just waiting for them to arrive now.
  9. M

Are you running latest firmware?
  10. M

Thanks! That's a big help. I'll get the cables in and then reply on here as to whether or not it works or not.
  11. M

Can you post part numbers for them? I'm trying to buy them from somewhere and to return this twinax I got.
  12. M

Where do you get the lamps / fiber from ? I just want to make sure I get the right ones.
  13. M

Well I tried Windows 2012R2 just now and I'm getting the same terrible performance (2.5gbps in Windows). I'm suspecting that maybe it's the cable? I got this one: Brocade 10g SFPP TWX 0508 10g Active 5M Fcoe SFP to SFP 58 1000023 01 New | eBay Can anyone recommend a better cable? MTU 9000 on...
  14. M

Hey guys, So I'm trying Nexenta 4.01 and I can't get more than 3 gigabits per second. I tried contacting QLogic for support. They do not support Nexenta for any of their products. I was completely shocked that QLogic refuses to support something that should be supported -- Oracle Solaris. But...