Recent content by LodeRunner

1. L

Ruckus Wireless as an Unifi alternative?

Fair, I did exaggerate the boot time, if only because I was so turned off by just trying to get it initially deployed. vSZ doesn't offer me anything Unleashed doesn't that I find worth the additional cost. I may revisit it in trial mode. I use Starwind VSAN as storage for my cluster, and the...
  2. L

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

As I understand the way these are built, you have one board that is CPU and storage for management, then a separate board that’s attached by PCIe or other link where the ASIC lives and the management board just sends commands to that. So not uncommon to see the same generation CPU board driving...
  3. L

Yeah, their licensing can be aggressive. I really wanted to play with the Virtual SmartZone (vSZ) but between the nearly hour long startup process (really) and the $1k cost of entry, plus annual maintenance, I just settled for Unleashed at home. And enabling Zigbee on it is another license...
  4. L

It may give you more info than SNMP and the Unleashed dashboard, but it's going to cost you around $700 USD initial, plus additional licenses per AP after the first one.
  5. L

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

Over in the Power Consumption thread, looks like @john389 has a 7050SX2-72Q, which may have a different board than the 7050SX-72Q, maybe he'd be willing to drop into bash on his switch and pull the info from /proc/cpuinfo.
  6. L

Arista DCS-7050QX-32

As far as the 7050QX that's going to come down to whether or not you can stick a QSFP28 module into a QSFP port and have it work. I don't know the rules on mixing QSFP and QSFP28. As far as the CPU, my 7050QX-32S has an AMD chip, the GX-420CA SOC. I can't readily find what CPU is in the 7050SX...
  7. L

Watchguard M390 replacement

I don't know that it's entirely equivalent to what PA does (I have managed PA's before) but you can get Zenarmor as a plugin for OPNSense.
  8. L

Desperate search for Arista EOS firmware

To my recollection, the cEOS and vEOS images are missing pretty much everything needed to run on actual hardware.
  9. L

@DannyDB Turns out the reason I didn't need the workaround was that I bought FS.com optics coded for Arista and I also have a SFP programmer. So I don't have the command. From what I'm reading, the "bash touch /mnt/flash/enable3px" method is not dependent on the eOS version, but the switch...
  10. L

I run that version or a very close one on a 7050QX-32S and I didn’t need to do the 3x workaround, there was a command that just did it. I’ll check my running config shortly and see if I can find the command, if you haven’t found it via Google already.
  11. L

Total beginner here. How to view view sites visited on router/redirect devices using VPN?

It also depends on the VPN configuration. If the VPN is a full tunnel, then all your gateway will see is a bunch of encrypted traffic that's not decrypted until it hits the VPN server. As CyklonDX said, you'd need to do what companies often do and hard block outbound traffic using the...
  12. L

Yeah, TPM 2.0 + Secure Boot.
  13. L

Brocade ICX Series (cheap & powerful 10gbE/40gbE switching)

As far as I recall, it won't stop you from using 3rd party optics of any sort, but the optical monitoring will be disabled by default for non Brocade optics and can be overridden with a console command. Of course, if you're ordering from FS.com just have them code the optics or DACs as Brocade...
  14. L

Try just '1000-full' instead of '1000-full-master'? Or is just '1000-full' not available on the 6610?
  15. L

In UniFi you can assign a VLAN to a SSID and the AP will tag the traffic, so you do a trunk to the AP. For sanity, the trunk port default (untagged) VLAN should be the management VLAN, then tagged VLAN IDs for your client traffic.