Recent content by labxplore

1. L

Power Meter - Outlet / System Level

TP-Link HS300 - integrated locally with Home Assistant...
  2. L

DIY DAS/NAS chassis based on 5x3.5" drive cages?

From what I've found so far you can buy a DS2501 programmed to emulate the 65W/90W or 130W charger, or sourced from an actual Dell charger. I haven't been able to start this project yet but if you have time available, here are some references...
  3. L

Nothing "picture-worthy" yet - all pieces are spread around a closet shelf :) I should do a write up once I make a few additional changes on my to-do list: install 2 additional HDDs (for a total of 6 for now, 8 later) on a separate 4-drive cage integrate a fan controller/temperature probe for...
  4. L

With a ATX jumper + switch like this one: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256804716716493.html
  5. L

Did something similar: https://forums.servethehome.com/index.php?threads/us-90-dollar-wyse-5070-thin-client-mini-server.29242/page-34#post-409134
  6. L

(US) 90 dollar Wyse 5070 Thin client/mini-server?

I have a 120mm fan tied to mine extended one but it’s because I have a HBA card on it. Will change to another 140mm fan I have and try to run at lower speeds…
  7. L

I've seen some 'generic' 4TB m.2 SATA start to show up but I'm not sure how/if they would work on the wyse 5070. Examples: https://www.amazon.com/SHARKSPEED-Internal-Computer-Laptop-Desktop/dp/B0BS94JHVJ/ https://www.amazon.com/Dogfish-Internal-Solid-State-Drive/dp/B0BRR8Z1GY/
  8. L

That looks like a nice self-contained unit. And just need the SATA Power and mini-SAS cable. I’m using a cage like this that was inside a tower server case and fits a fan on the front. As this may grow in the future towards a larger dedicated storage server, I’ve got already an actual Corsair...
  9. L

Long-due update on this just in case it's helpful to anyone else... (and somebody asked me about it on another thread :)) It's currently up and running... - Wyse 5070 extended, 32GB RAM, 2TB M.2 SATA - Oracle LSI SAS9300-8e HBA (8-Port 12Gbps) (went with @UhClem recommendation of 8e - so no...
  10. L

Asrock Rack W680 Motherboards discussion

Have you been able to measure your idle consumption (in W) to compare with OP's numbers? (OP has 10GB NIC and you have a GPU so "maybe" they have similar idle consumption profile :))
  11. L

I have a small (no numpad) mechanical wired keyboard and a 7" touch screen (supposed to be a Raspberry Pi) that is easily attached when needed for BIOS access (very infrequent...)
  12. L

WOW! oh my... I've been looking at the board and checking routing options and... completely missed that :rolleyes: thanks a lot! this opens a lot of possibilities now :) That makes a lot of sense - thank you for the insight! I'm glad I've posted here before buying all pieces - back to the...
  13. L

mini-SAS to 4x SATA. If I keep the wyse & drives in separate cases, I was actually thinking of removing the Parallel port and using that opening/exit instead so the cable don't need a "sharp" turn under the card to reach the option port which may make the run slightly longer. Good reminder :)...
  14. L

Wondering if anyone has tried using a H1110 (LSI SAS9211-4I IT Mode, LSI SAS2004 controller) on the 5070 (extended) to connect additional drives. The drives will be powered (and mounted) externally but I'm trying to see what I may be missing from a compatibility perspective if I go that route...
  15. L

You don’t need to use both slots. I don’t recall seeing the Corsair Vengeance model mentioned to work or not so that will be a risk. Do you know if that module is Single Rank or Dual Rank? It seems that DR modules often work. On another note, you may even want to use both the 16GB and the 8GB...