Recent content by kryten

1. K

Good explanation of PLP, what it is and how it works.

So this is like Protection information/Data assurance
  2. K

LSI SAS 9300-8e HBA Not Displaying Drives

Yeah it sounds like you just connected a server to another server
  3. K

I'm looking for a way or to obtain 3PAR OS Images to SSD firmware 3P07 for my newly obtained Samsung 3.8TB SSDs.

you can try here https://mega.nz/folder/UGpUEKaI#nZvvDZvbSnP4_LUej48kTA
  4. K

Samsung MZ-WLR30

Hi all Has anyone come across the Samsung PM1733a NVME's before. i have only found one tool that give any information about the drive. Samsungs own tools dont support it. Cheers
  5. K

Latest firmware for HGST Helium drives?

SAS drives done give you smart data like sata does. it has 0 defects though.
  6. K

sorry can. i dunno about cross flashing i doubt it. not easily anyway. its no differant to cross flashing any other rebadged drive.
  7. K

EMC Clarrion. they can have odd configs i think
  8. K

Fujitsu DX Series

Hi all Has anyone any knowledge on fujitsu arrays. i have the DX100 S3 which maybe has similaries with netapp. issue i have is drive get error "0x0064". im wondering if they need zeroing if they are netapp based. Edit i worked it out, i turned on write caching" to test them. but it needs to...
  9. K

NetApp drive fails to read/write

When i tested a load of these the write speed was 45mb for some reason. but they did test
  10. K

RAID Controllers and 520-Byte Sectors/T-10 DIF Protection

yes netapp call it "data protection" but generally its called "protection information" PI. i think generally its optional.
  11. K

What is the condition of used HGST HUH721010ALE601 10 TB Helium drives sold on eBay?

They probably use hard disk sentinal for the drive health and just wipe the disk. And prefer to sale in bulk and if a couple fail, just refund.
  12. K

SAS disks vs. SATA connectors. How does it work?

i had 70 to unlock, its just when it came to testing them 8 at a time some dropped off, thought it may have been the top layer of pins causing an issue. but i think some are just faulty.
  13. K

SAS disks vs. SATA connectors. How does it work?

U.2 is PCIe. https://www.amphenol-cs.com/product-series/sas-pci-express.html i have been having issues with drive dropping offline or not coming ready and wondered if it was to do with the connector.