Recent content by jmarg

1. J

Infiniband IPoIB performance problems?

Oh, and: 6. CM is almost always better than UD for IPoIB, but it should be getting closer in Mellanox OFED 2.0.
  2. J

Infiniband IPoIB performance problems?

Couple of things (Mellanox guy here :) 1. Check out our performance tuning guide, might help: http://www.mellanox.com/related-docs/prod_software/Performance_Tuning_Guide_for_Mellanox_Network_Adapters_v1.6.pdf 2. Check with iPerf running a few threads, 1 thread might be not-as-good as 4,5,6...
  3. J

Mellanox Communities

Hey All, I am relatively new to this forum, but been watching intently. I work for Mellanox, and I wanted to tell you we just launched our own communities site. Please join, and we can help you there as well: Welcome | Mellanox Interconnect Community
  4. J

Mellanox SX6005 & SX6012 56Gbps 12 port switch pricing revealed

Consider FDR IB (56Gbps) is 2x the bandwidth of QDR (40Gbps). Why you might ask? With bit-encoding (8b/10b), 40Gbps IB has actual speed of 32Gbps. Also, with PCIe 2.0, you are limited more to about 26Gbps. With FDR IB, the bit encoding was changed to 64/66b, so you get closer to 54.03...
  5. J

Infiniband help

Hey, I work at Mellanox if you need additional help. jeffm (at) mellanox (dot) com.
  6. J

Infiniband setup - Any issues with this lot ?.

Hey all, I work for Mellanox as a presales engineer. Feel free to email me at jeffm (at) mellanox dot com. I can help if you don't have a support contract. Put Serve the home in the subject so I know where your questions came from.