Recent content by iieeann

1. I

Crossover vs Straight Cable in direct connection?

Hi, I am connecting PC and NAS directly without a switch with normal Straight Cable. It works because nowadays network card is able to auto detect the cable type. My question is, will there be any performance penalty for not using Crossover Cable in direct connection? :confused: Thank you.
  2. I

10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) Networking - NICs, Switches, etc.

Some pictures of the card, not fully fired up yet because the HDD raid array is not yet ready (PC side). Heard that Infiniband is a cheaper solution, but the bandwidth is 12.8% smaller than 10GBE network card. More over, Infiniband is not listed as supported card by the NAS, so i stick...
  3. I

Playing with 10GigE

Nice post! I can use this as guideline to setup my game later ^^ I just ordered 2x 10GBE adapter to play around, X520-T2. Might be able to test it next week. I don't use switch though, it is simply too expensive for me.
  4. I

10-Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) Networking - NICs, Switches, etc.

Aww, wish i saw this thread before i did so many stupid things. There is very little writing explain about link aggregation does NOT increase throughput between 2 clients. Both QNAP and Synology website do not state that clearly. I purchased 4-port gigabit NIC hoping to get 4Gb speed and at...